Will we ever see MXS on the unity engine?

Post your suggestions here
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: Will we ever see MXS on the unity engine?

Post by SMR 510RR »

LKR47 wrote:Somebody already probably said this but I dont feel like reading through the thread. Sim is coded in c++ (im assuming) using openGL probably in VS or devcpp. Porting it to unity would be a hassel because unity only supports c# and javascript plus it would be very hard to have user creation ex tracks,bikes, gear because unity packages everything in .ddl's. I am making a moto game in unity however.its a mix between a simulation and arcade. Might be worth checking out. Ill link a video,check out the comments. https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=ScreenFlow.mp4
Just out of curiosity why spend so much time developing in an engine that by your own admission makes it hard to have user created content?
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

[quote="SMR 510RR"

Just out of curiosity why spend so much time developing in an engine that by your own admission makes it hard to have user created content?[/quote]
I don't plan on opening it up for user created content. Sure that kind of takes away from pc ecosystem ex downloadable tracks gear mods etc. but it's my first "real" game I'm working on so I want to keep it simple. I'm sure there's a way around it but from what I've seen everything is packed into .dlls. I've been using unity since 2.x so that's just my engine of choice.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

aeffertz wrote:
I don't want to hijack this thread but that is looking fantastic! I love the shadows.
DP but thank you. All that I've done is added a directional light to the scene so there's no super fancy shaders or lighting effects . Hopefully pretty soon I'll get some time to read up on some of the new features and apply them .
John_Trombley
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by John_Trombley »

aeffertz wrote:
LKR47 wrote:
VMX_SKYmx99 wrote: Your link isn't working. It's taking me to my Dropbox page? I would love to check it out though!
I accidentally posted my personal preview, sorry bout that. Heres the new link! https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pupmt0in26hf ... 3kOmw0GhVa . Ive made a lot of progress since this recording such as controller support and basic in-air control.
I don't want to hijack this thread but that is looking fantastic! I love the shadows.

Link worked for me lol
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

John_Trombley wrote: Link worked for me lol
He was talking about the link above that post I believe.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Dont mean to bring this post back from the dead but I thought Id share.
By no means am I an environment artist but Im pretty happy with how this turned out with just 30 mins of work. I am using Alex Effertz' secret sx terrain heightmap (folder was open so I thought it would be okay just to play around :D ) because of the way he has water running through the track. I also took a skybox sequence from sky's offseason sx (Ive seen it in a few tracks, not sure whos it is. Im sorry). Im using PBL(Physical based lighting), along with realtime shadows,procedural shaders, and reflections. I thought it looked pretty sick for being made by a programmer who is unskilled with the art aspect of game dev. Just goes to show what Unity is capable of.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Hell yeah, man! That' awesome. Not only that, it's awesome to see something I made being used elsewhere. Keep up the good work! :D
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Post by JJH186 »

LKR47 wrote:Image
Dont mean to bring this post back from the dead but I thought Id share.
By no means am I an environment artist but Im pretty happy with how this turned out with just 30 mins of work. I am using Alex Effertz' secret sx terrain heightmap (folder was open so I thought it would be okay just to play around :D ) because of the way he has water running through the track. I also took a skybox sequence from sky's offseason sx (Ive seen it in a few tracks, not sure whos it is. Im sorry). Im using PBL(Physical based lighting), along with realtime shadows,procedural shaders, and reflections. I thought it looked pretty sick for being made by a programmer who is unskilled with the art aspect of game dev. Just goes to show what Unity is capable of.
It looks great but the rider model should not have skipped leg day... XD
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

JJH186 wrote: It looks great but the rider model should not have skipped leg day... XD
I totally agree lol. I havent even began to do anything with the rider yet. I dont have permission to use it from P2sta, it is just there for a placeholder until I get better at modeling which will be long before a production version of the game is ready. I rigged it in 3ds max and imported it with animations but the mechanim character template I set up in unity is all jank so the body looks huge and the legs are tiny. The animations dont play correctly either so I dont even have it set up to put his hands on the bars or the footpegs :( . That is also why he looks so dark. The materials, normals, and shaders arent even configured yet because I just gave up on him for now. If you look closely the wireframe from the template is still on the skin as well oops :D
JJH186

Post by JJH186 »

LKR47 wrote:
JJH186 wrote: It looks great but the rider model should not have skipped leg day... XD
I totally agree lol. I havent even began to do anything with the rider yet. I dont have permission to use it from P2sta, it is just there for a placeholder until I get better at modeling which will be long before a production version of the game is ready. I rigged it in 3ds max and imported it with animations but the mechanim character template I set up in unity is all jank so the body looks huge and the legs are tiny. The animations dont play correctly either so I dont even have it set up to put his hands on the bars or the footpegs :( . That is also why he looks so dark. The materials, normals, and shaders arent even configured yet because I just gave up on him for now. If you look closely the wireframe from the template is still on the skin as well oops :D
Lol still looks cool! I feel like JLV should try to put the game into the Unity Engine for update 1.12, the only problem im not sure how the game would be performance wise, I got a Intel HD Graphics 4000 and its not made for gaming so I am not sure how it would run on there XD.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

JJH186 wrote:I feel like JLV should try to put the game into the Unity Engine for update 1.12
If only it was that simple...
Donate if you like My Creations
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ohagan75 wrote:
JJH186 wrote:I feel like JLV should try to put the game into the Unity Engine for update 1.12
Isn't it just to convert it using TotalGameConverter_v0.83.exe?
JJH186

Post by JJH186 »

Ohagan75 wrote:
Yeah I wish it was XD.