terrain system

Post your suggestions here
dudy#75
Team: Privateer

terrain system

Post by dudy#75 »

maybe to add a terrain system like alive, because thats the only point where alive is better than mxs :)
nings400

Re: terrain system

Post by nings400 »

hahahaha you make it then mate and im sure jlv will add it in. pointless post. I love the game how it is. go back to alive
dudy#75

Post by dudy#75 »

I don't lie when I say i didn`t buy alive I just think it will be just a big step forward to add a dirt that will deform like a real one :)
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

terrain deformation is one of the most asked suggestions and there have been several discussions about it. It's not easy, especially when it's just 1 guy developing the game on a limited budget. Maybe someday, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen anytime soon.
geecomonster

Post by geecomonster »

Terrain deformation will be cool thats true but i think this game is challenging enough that whe dont need it at this time !
I mean look men in this whole there are just a few people that can ride on a track without fall of the bike . . . . and even those people fall off some time's
so i think when the track will be so rough while riding i thin nobody will hold it till the checkerflag ! but its just my opinion offcourse .
jeff488
Team: Privateer Goon

Post by jeff488 »

-erode? not the best but it still works
joe_389
Team: Collective Family

Post by joe_389 »

Erode can be very affective in the creations of tracks, shadow has shown us this.
The Family:Lane 199-Alex 526-Dylan 14-Daniel 421-Brady 21 AUS
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

this isnt like real life people wont follow the same line just look at alive theres really no good ruts on the track just lines crossing everywhere
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

ryanmx25 wrote:this isnt like real life people wont follow the same line just look at alive theres really no good ruts on the track just lines crossing everywhere
You can't compare alive with mx simulator! I think it would work good because you can go faster ridin ruts...
Maleksi

Post by Maleksi »

But then mxs will be so big that u cant even play it, with all those mods...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

ryanmx25 wrote:this isnt like real life people wont follow the same line just look at alive theres really no good ruts on the track just lines crossing everywhere
I would say we can be more precise in mxs, and if there are a bunch of people that are a decent speed you would get some pretty good ruts (and rough).
Maleksi wrote:But then mxs will be so big that u cant even play it, with all those mods...
Do you mean computer intensive by big? Right now the game only uses one core and doesn't use SLI/Crossfire. If things like this were added eventually multi-threading would too (I'm assuming). Personally I can't wait until that happens :D.

One problem we have now though with erode (just the way it works, not shading updating etc.) is digging holes. I know the AI just did it if they went off track because they have problems getting back on, but if someone would be stuck on the side of a hill or something they would just dig a hole.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Terrain deformation is the biggest gimmick in Alive, personally. Seriously go play the game. It's just a area that is lowered. It doesn't change the track at all, nor actually create lines per se.
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

jeff488 wrote:-erode? not the best but it still works
how you can get the erode working? because i have tried it and when i try to start the game it wont start at all.
dudy#75

Post by dudy#75 »

no no you just dont understand me right I mean something to add a terrain softness or something like that.
A good example is fort winton on real sand the ground damps a bit and you can lean deaper in corners or could ride much more agressiv other bumbs :)
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

yamaha#521 wrote:
jeff488 wrote:-erode? not the best but it still works
how you can get the erode working? because i have tried it and when i try to start the game it wont start at all.
thats what i get