Quads

Post your suggestions here
motoracer58

Re: Quads

Post by motoracer58 »

I think adding quads to the game would be pretty difficult and time consuming to do correctly. It would be awesome if they were adding but im not gonna hold my breath. I just want to put my opinion in on this since everone hates on quads. I ride both, Pro-Am/A quad and just started on the bike last year. Anyone who thinks riding a quad is easy is correct... but to ride a quad aggresively and push the limits then you are way off. The quad takes alot more control then just hit the throttle and slide through a turn. There is more to it then that, if you hit a lip a little wierd or one side hits a rock on the lip then you are screwed, you have 50" to worry about going off the lip, not just the width of one tire. You have to be way more precise on your landings on a quad also, 6" short on a jump will cause you to instantly fly over the bars. The 5g i have into the suspension on my quad doesnt work as good as the stock stuff on my bike. Just give some respect to the quad mx'ers, they usally put more effort into this sport then the bike guys and we get way less in return. Not all quad riders are rednecks who cant balance on a bike. We all do this for the same reason, just with different machines. When one of you can ride a quad as fast as me (and im by no way saying i am awesome on a quad, there are tons of people way faster) and still think its easy then you can argue but i doubt there will be...

http://youtu.be/aw25JNJ0PyQ
quadrider13
Team: Privateer

Post by quadrider13 »

very well said motoracer. Thank you
DJD

Post by DJD »

motoracer58 wrote:if you hit a lip a little wierd or one side hits a rock on the lip then you are screwed, you have 50" to worry about going off the lip, not just the width of one tire. You have to be way more precise on your landings on a quad also, 6" short on a jump will cause you to instantly fly over the bars. The 5g i have into the suspension on my quad doesnt work as good as the stock stuff on my bike.
Oh look, four more reasons to hate quads.

Why would you want to ride a quad? Explain please.
motoracer58 wrote:they usally put more effort into this sport then the bike guys and we get way less in return.
??? :arrow: :|
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

i just started riding quads around the house when i was younger and never made the switch to dirtbikes, i enjoy racing the quad alot but i love riding and racing my dirtbike as well. i agree that they should not be on the same track on the same day if racing, but we are there to enjoy riding just as much as and dirtbiker. The whole more effort thing might have been worded wrong, i know upcoming bike guys put their whole lives into but they actually have a chance at making money in the end... the quad scene has no money in it, the past 2 years, the champions didnt get rides for the next season and had to resort to racing different series instead of the atva nationals. i know that your just gonna say "another reason not to ride a quad" but that isnt true, we love the sport and we do it for that reason, the quad guys put just as much into it as the bike guys do. This is a never ending arguement so im not trying to say quads are better then bikes, im just trying to get into some heads that you dont have to hate quads just because you dont ride them.
DJD

Post by DJD »

All Im saying is that quads are not as fun as dirtbikes. I have ridden quads, its a blast flat-tracking around corners, but other than that it sucks.

Going through rough straights and getting jarred around like a ping pong ball, trying to control a quad in the air is like flying a refrigerator, you cant scrub jumps, you cant throw whips,

if you crash there's a good chance the rolling refrigerator will come along and kill you, and thumb throttles. Wtf is up with thumb throttles.

Not to mention being ridiculed by the vast majority of the motocross community. I just don't see the fun.

For relatively the same amount of money you could buy a bike, not be laughed at, and throw down some mean whips. And you get a twist throttle!
QuAdRiDeR93

Post by QuAdRiDeR93 »

Coming from someone that used to race, they just don't belong in MXS. Would be cool to see some kind of quad sim game, but the markets not near big enough for anyone to even pick up the project. And as you see from this thread, the 2 will never get along. lmao
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

DJD wrote:All Im saying is that quads are not as fun as dirtbikes. I have ridden quads, its a blast flat-tracking around corners, but other than that it sucks.

Going through rough straights and getting jarred around like a ping pong ball, trying to control a quad in the air is like flying a refrigerator, you cant scrub jumps, you cant throw whips,

if you crash there's a good chance the rolling refrigerator will come along and kill you, and thumb throttles. Wtf is up with thumb throttles.

Not to mention being ridiculed by the vast majority of the motocross community. I just don't see the fun.

For relatively the same amount of money you could buy a bike, not be laughed at, and throw down some mean whips. And you get a twist throttle!
Some quads DO have twist throttle (mine does) but I am looking for a good 250f to buy... :)
KTM57 wrote:
Ballsfalsky wrote:If you have a Mac pro I feel bad for you son, I got 99 games and Mac can't play one...
If you like Macs I feel bad for you son, you pay 99 dollars every time I pay 1
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

you just said it yourself, quads are harder to control in most situations, your type of personality are the only people making fun of quad riders, just because you didnt feel safe riding one fast doesnt mean that others dont enjoy it. No matter what anyone says you are just going to say that quads suck without looking past that and seeing that it really doesnt matter what you ride.
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

and what makes a twist throttle so much better then thumb? i love the thumb throttle and even put one on my bike. i find it more comfortable and controlable then the twist.
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

I love my twist throttle on my quad just cuz my thumb doesn't hurt after, but I am soooooo, SOOOOO ready to buy a dirt bike also....... :D
KTM57 wrote:
Ballsfalsky wrote:If you have a Mac pro I feel bad for you son, I got 99 games and Mac can't play one...
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

motoracer58 wrote:you just said it yourself, quads are harder to control in most situations, your type of personality are the only people making fun of quad riders, just because you didnt feel safe riding one fast doesnt mean that others dont enjoy it. No matter what anyone says you are just going to say that quads suck without looking past that and seeing that it really doesnt matter what you ride.
I can't ride quads hard but I find them cool. They can be pretty fast and, seriously, I don't need whips to enjoy riding
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

die996 wrote:
motoracer58 wrote:you just said it yourself, quads are harder to control in most situations, your type of personality are the only people making fun of quad riders, just because you didnt feel safe riding one fast doesnt mean that others dont enjoy it. No matter what anyone says you are just going to say that quads suck without looking past that and seeing that it really doesnt matter what you ride.
I can't ride quads hard but I find them cool. They can be pretty fast and, seriously, I don't need whips to enjoy riding
Cool story Die, no one needs you to talk in this thread we don't want it ruined
KTM57 wrote:
$Speedy$77

Post by $Speedy$77 »

Addair435 wrote:
die996 wrote:
Cool story Die, no one needs you to talk in this thread we don't want it ruined
Seriously we don't need your input. Ok Addair?
MyStats-http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3094
James_122 wrote:Watching Alexis go through the whoops is like watching a horse bang a chihuahua. He can hump back and forth all he wants, but he still isn't gettin it
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

$Speedy$77 wrote:[quote="Addair435I can't ride quads hard but I find them cool. They can be pretty fast and, seriously, I don't need whips to enjoy riding
Cool story Die, no one needs you to talk in this thread we don't want it ruined[/quote]
Seriously we don't need your input. Ok Addair?[/quote]

Hmm, if you paid attention this is my thread :P Dumb ass
KTM57 wrote:
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

$Speedy$77 wrote: Seriously we don't need your input. Ok Addair?
Hmm, if you paid attention this is my thread Dumb ass***
KTM57 wrote: