Forums

Post your suggestions here
stocksy129

Forums

Post by stocksy129 »

Probably already been bought up, don't read this section often.. But the forums need a bit of an overhaul... They seem to be swarmed by noobs posting silly questions.. example the models and skins thread... constant posts "make this bike/gear etc.." not mentioning anything else cause too lazy...

Sure theirs people here that agree that the forums are getting bombarded with useless topics and pushing the useful/creative stuff to the bottom, making it difficult to navigate..? I dunno... Just whinging cause sick of the same thing over and over and over and over...

Maybe setup the forums differently. Sure you have plenty of ideas... But can post some if need be.

Yes.. I'm complaining fuck up.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Forums

Post by Wahlamt »

Yeah, all these noobs "please make this track/skin"... But when noobs post that, you can post a facepalm pic which is funny! ;)
No but seriously, some restrictions wouldn´t hurt :)
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

not restrictions.. I mean different webpage layout
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

I couldn't agree more. The thing is this is an official forum for MXS almost 4,000 members (not all active) there are going to be a lot of noobs and a lot of useless stuff just because this is the official place and everyone comes here. It would be like going to the THQ MvA forums and trying to run an active modding community. It just would not work because all the noobs/potential buyers ask a bunch of questions. That is why they made MXGHQ

Just my 2 pennys
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

the game isnt gonna grow without the "noobs". everyone was a noob at one point. ease up.
CBM RACING
Team: CBM Racing

Post by CBM RACING »

They should start a section for beginners only. Somewhere where they can ask questions and the moderators, JLV or anyone with real experience who is willing to help answers their questions. I understand being new. I try not to make topics. I try to find a topic then find a more experienced rider to pm and ask my questions. This way there are not so many posts. The thing about this game is there is no instruction manual so the only way to learn is to ask. In the beginner section i would put all the different functions and what they do in the section. But I noticed a lot of new (I hate the word "NOOB") riders are asking questions that can be answered in the faq section. Maybe JLV should force the new guys to read them and put together a little test for them to answer to access the full forums. Nothing fancy just to make sure they read them. If they fail they have to wait a week to try again. I have seen it on other forums. It all depends on how JLV feels about it. On the other hand the more experienced riders need to remember they were new at some point so cut the newer guys some slack. You could implement a 3 strike rule that if you ask repeated questions or just lazy ones etc you get banned from posting for a month but you can still view posts. There is a lot you can do but it is hard with so many people to moderate. I have only been here for about 2 months and I have learned so much by asking questions instead of making posts. They end up off topic eventually anyway. Or make a ranking system of how long you have been playing and if you are new you can't post to that section you can only read it. Just Something. Just a thought but I do agree it is getting hard to navigate for what you are looking for. Maybe I am completely wrong with what I just said but I agree with it being hard to actually find what you need due to so many useless posts. There are some great players out there that will go out or their way to help you as long as you are actually stuck. If it is something that can be answered by reading what you are told to read in the beginning then what do you expect if they bag on you or ignore you all together. Most guys will answer any good question but a stupid question will get you a stupid answer! Just my 2 cents don't crucify me if you don't like it.
Joe

Post by Joe »

they do have a help section right under the ban courthttp://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewforum.php?f=17
Joe

Post by Joe »

Joe wrote:they do have a help section right under the ban court http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewforum.php?f=17
CBM RACING
Team: CBM Racing

Post by CBM RACING »

barrington314 wrote:the game isnt gonna grow without the "noobs". everyone was a noob at one point. ease up.
That is true and if JLV doesn't make money he wont continue to keep the game going. Why keep updating and buying new equipment just to lose money. New Players equal more money. But you should have to own a copy of the game to go on the forums and post. This way they can read but not clutter it up. They can test the game to see if their computer can handle it. That is the point of the demo. But I agree totally with Barrington314 about being new once and trying to be nice. I am still new, I have just had some great help from some very smart guys to get me up to speed...
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

This is true. It seems as though the noobs are just not used to how your used to using the forums. But I think the rules to the forum should state some usefull topics.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

yeh.. i am fucking tired of them, for sure everyone used to be a noob in MXS, even DJ i guess :lol: but we came to a point IMO where someone (jlv) needs to stop it, noobs dont read the forum rules... otherwise they wont act like idiots... also they never got into searching with the search bar, maybe they are too stupid ?! idk! in fact they are flooding the forums with true shit, nonsense and useless stuff
it seems as nothing will ever happen to avoid this in near future, but its worth a try...
IMO noobs threads should be just removed, fully! because there is no sense for keeping it, i know its kinda important for forums chronicles but do we really need that?
...I hope something will change someday!!!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Yahama7

Post by Yahama7 »

It's Yahama7 !!!
botten144
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JDR/J-Star|KTM

Post by botten144 »

Yeah, even DJ have been a noob :D

DJ99X wrote:Image
Yahama7

Post by Yahama7 »

Wrong. Thats not DJ being a noob, thats the game being how it was back then.
It's Yahama7 !!!
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Yeah, unbelievable how much the game progressed
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol