Qualifying Servers

Post your suggestions here
kawy949

Re: Qualifying Servers

Postby kawy949 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 pm

jlv wrote:It could be done. Not sure I want to bother with it though. The easy thing to do would be to reserve everyone who signed up for the last round and let the new riders qualify on an open server.

Could this not be done with the run at command? Post a file to the relevant server, after each signup and then setup intervals where the mxs script gets run?

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 am

Sure, make a script like this:

10minuterepeater.mxs:
#mxserverscript
at +1 exec reserve.mxs
at +600 exec 10minuterepeater.mxs

reserve.mxs:
#mxserverscript
unreserve all
reserve 123 456 789

Then make another script using perl/python/whatever which updates the reserve.mxs script. The only thing you need to be careful about is the update to reserve.mxs. You want to use an atomic operation to update it so the server never reads it in a partially updated state. So don't write directly to reserve.mxs, write to a temporary file and then rename that file to "reserve.mxs".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

wheels1758

Postby wheels1758 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 am

I didn't think recursive scripts were allowed. I remember trying to run a script that executed another script and it wouldn't let me.

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 am

You can't directly use "exec" but you can use "at" to schedule an exec command.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

bdownen323

Postby bdownen323 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Bump. I'm down to make my server a seeded server if rf would like, maybe top 20 in each class in points or something

Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Postby Sweendoggy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm

jlv wrote:Any interest in setting part of the field with a qualifying race? That would be way more fun than trying to set a lap time.

oh I like it! At some point I DO want to stray from the way the AMA does everything, and create some of our OWN rules.

Also I think if we did anything it would either just be giant reserve lists based on licenses, OR I would take say the top 20 in points from each class and have a seeded pro, seeded AM, then open pro open am servers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss making videos so follow me on Instagram @stocktrackhero

JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Postby JTmoto » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Sweendoggy wrote:
jlv wrote:Any interest in setting part of the field with a qualifying race? That would be way more fun than trying to set a lap time.

oh I like it! At some point I DO want to stray from the way the AMA does everything, and create some of our OWN rules.

Also I think if we did anything it would either just be giant reserve lists based on licenses, OR I would take say the top 20 in points from each class and have a seeded pro, seeded AM, then open pro open am servers.

Strictly arcade physics only heat races :lol:

bdownen323

Postby bdownen323 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Sweendoggy wrote:

I'll make mine seeded pro if you wanna I can get it set up

brendenNWmx31
Team: Privateer

Postby brendenNWmx31 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 am

I think RF should add a D-Class, so that more people get a chance to race. To qualify this week in C class you had to get less than a 59.1. I think the addition of a d-class will make it more fun for everyone and keep the beginners out of the faster servers.

Return to “Suggestion Box”