Triple Monitors?

Post your suggestions here
Robert196

Triple Monitors?

Post by Robert196 »

I mentioned this in MXS Twitter, but is it possible to make a custom resolution in the game? I know there is a windowed mode but that makes my FPS drop. I'm thinking of getting a third monitor so just want to see my options.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Triple Monitors?

Post by yzmxer608 »

Whenever I've tried using a resolution that isn't shown in game (by editing the config file, both video_mode and xres/yres) the game switches the mode to default full screen. Windowed is your only option as of now I'm pretty sure.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

When it sets the resolution (not "Windowed" or "Default Fullscreen"), the mode has to be one of the modes listed by EnumDisplaySettings. "Default Fullscreen" uses the registry settings for the resolution, so it might be possible to change it in the registry, but I have no idea which registry key to change or what the side effects would be.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motomaniak
Team: ART

Post by motomaniak »

I have triple monitors (using a hd7950 and eyefinity) and the game recognizes my resolution, even with bezel correction enabled. Only problem is the hud, it is on the outer screens..
Tim Aarntzen | ART/MFG
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

motomaniak wrote:I have triple monitors (using a hd7950 and eyefinity) and the game recognizes my resolution, even with bezel correction enabled. Only problem is the hud, it is on the outer screens..
Do you think this would work with Nvidia surround? I could care less about HUD. That's what my spotters are for. :P
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It would be cool to have custom HUD placement. I would be more comfortable looking at map up in the top left, like COD.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

Robert196 wrote:That's what my spotters are for. :P
Here you go noob.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

JTmoto wrote:
Robert196 wrote:That's what my spotters are for. :P
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ce.jpg[img]
Here you go noob.
It's called TeamSpeak. And: 1) There should be a comma after 'go'. 2) That's Nascar, this is Motocross. 3) That's a picture of Nascars, not spotters. 4) Don't argue with me, noob.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JTmoto »

This isn't motocross, it's a game. (Yea, that kind of makes my first point look stupid. Don't care!) If you want to get really technical, it's "NASCAR" and motocross isn't capitalized unless it is a proper name for something. You are correct, that is NASCAR, which is what you should be playing if you need spotters. There are no spotters in motocross. "It's called TeamSpeak." is a sentence fragment. I'm not arguing, I am calling you out for using spotters in a motocross "simulation". Don't call me a noob, noob.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty much everyone who uses a program for voice chat spots for people in races they're not in, not that crazy of a thing.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

JTmoto wrote:This isn't motocross, it's a game. (Yea, that kind of makes my first point look stupid. Don't care!) If you want to get really technical, it's "NASCAR" and motocross isn't capitalized unless it is a proper name for something. You are correct, that is NASCAR, which is what you should be playing if you need spotters. There are no spotters in motocross. "It's called TeamSpeak." is a sentence fragment. I'm not arguing, I am calling you out for using spotters in a motocross "simulation". Don't call me a noob, noob.
Like you said, it's only a game. I can use spotters if I like. And actually I just played some NASCAR. iRacing Daytona 500. Guess what? I had a spotter!!!!
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JTmoto »

yzmxer608 wrote:Pretty much everyone who uses a program for voice chat spots for people in races they're not in, not that crazy of a thing.
Lmao and I thought the pit board being constantly up was too much :roll:
Robert196 wrote:
JTmoto wrote:This isn't motocross, it's a game. (Yea, that kind of makes my first point look stupid. Don't care!) If you want to get really technical, it's "NASCAR" and motocross isn't capitalized unless it is a proper name for something. You are correct, that is NASCAR, which is what you should be playing if you need spotters. There are no spotters in motocross. "It's called TeamSpeak." is a sentence fragment. I'm not arguing, I am calling you out for using spotters in a motocross "simulation". Don't call me a noob, noob.
Like you said, it's only a game. I can use spotters if I like. And actually I just played some NASCAR. iRacing Daytona 500. Guess what? I had a spotter!!!!
I am happy for you!!!!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

JTmoto wrote:"It's called TeamSpeak." is a sentence fragment.
Nope.

By the way, you should have used a comma within the quote, instead of a period. If you're going to go Grammar Nazi, then at least know your stuff, and if you don't know your stuff, at least use proper punctuation. Noob.

Also, spotting helps to make up for all of the stuff that's out of our control. The yellow flags and lights on the triples are there, but might as well not be. They don't help much, and having a spotter just helps keep the racing cleaner. Now, if I could only get into a main so that I would need a spotter, it would be nice.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JTmoto »

KTM57 wrote:
JTmoto wrote:"It's called TeamSpeak." is a sentence fragment.
Nope.

By the way, you should have used a comma within the quote, instead of a period. If you're going to go Grammar Nazi, then at least know your stuff, and if you don't know your stuff, at least use proper punctuation. Noob.

Also, spotting helps to make up for all of the stuff that's out of our control. The yellow flags and lights on the triples are there, but might as well not be. They don't help much, and having a spotter just helps keep the racing cleaner. Now, if I could only get into a main so that I would need a spotter, it would be nice.
Really? Tell ME I am the grammar nazi? I didn't correct anybody's grammar or say mine was perfect. Robert told me I forgot a comma so I pointed out that he had a lot more flaws than I did! Noob.

Spotters are still gay.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It's like you got punched in the face, so you swung at him, missed, and fell over from the centripetal force.