Automatic Track Download

Post your suggestions here
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Automatic Track Download

Post by sapelgas431 »

I think it's pretty annoying when I try to join a server and I don't have a track and can't find it.
It would be great if it worked like this :
I join a server and don't have the track. It would be great if the server asks me if I want to download that track.

For example, the elsinore 01 server is running the outdoors, and I can't find most of them. I had them on my old pc but now some links are expired.
I don't know if this would be easy or hard to implement, but it would be great.

What do u guys think ?
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: Automatic Track Download

Post by JP37R »

yes! definately in game downloading would be awesome. It would be nice until then if the tracks were uploaded to a single server with a simple alphabetical page list for download because a good portion of the tracks listed here: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1633 have broken links since puremxs went down.
mxchild
Team: Batman motorsport

Post by mxchild »

i dont think a automatic download will work. but i do think if we were to upload all our tracks to a website (something like puremxs) would work and make tracks easier to find.

But what happen to pure will most likely aventually happen to this site unless every upload must be approved before becoming public
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

I working on something on central to allow user uploads.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

kawy949 wrote:I working on something on central to allow user uploads.
Will they have to be approved first so central doesn't turn into what pure did?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

What Pure was aimed to be was fair. The option to take something down was there but it was intended for ripped things or fake links. If someone had put up a skin that wasn't the best but they put effort in to the work then our power wasn't to take that down. Granted we could have and there are a few I wish I did but, there wasn't a way for me to leave a note or pointers on why I took it down and what could have been fixed to have it come back. If we could've done that I think Pure could have and most likely would have been better.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

There will be methods to moderate the uploads (at the minute uploads are on the backburner) but will be a while till I get it all sorted though that's for sure while I get some work done other than Central haha.

There will be a way to leave a reason why it was removed, BUT that will only be displayed to the user who uploaded it.

Anyhow, I will try and keep the thread updated as I know more but I don't check this section all that much.