Gate Picks

Post your suggestions here
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Gate Picks

Post by Gideon#67 »

Any way in a possible future update we can get something added that allows you to see what gates have been picked? I'm not sure how it's setup now as far as priority according to qualifying position but it may be useful to see what has been reserved by the guys ahead of you . Maybe something that just "warns" you
that the gate you are trying to pick is already taken, allowing you to choose a different one rather than just being assigned one. I think it would really be beneficial for organized events and such.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Re: Gate Picks

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

God this would be great.

Only issue I see is that the gates are picked based off of Qualifying times. If 40th place guy picked my gate and I qualified 10th, I would still get it anyways. He would get pushed out and it would just cause for everyone to be shuffled.

I mean, either way would still be awesome. It would still work but you would just need to know who qualified where when looking at the gates.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:God this would be great.

Only issue I see is that the gates are picked based off of Qualifying times. If 40th place guy picked my gate and I qualified 10th, I would still get it anyways. He would get pushed out and it would just cause for everyone to be shuffled.

I mean, either way would still be awesome. It would still work but you would just need to know who qualified where when looking at the gates.
I was unaware of that. I always that it just went by who picked their gate first, cause I always tried to get my gate picked as soon as possible to make sure I got it. I need to start qualifying better :P
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

mxsrider96 wrote:
MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:God this would be great.

I was unaware of that. I always thought it just went by who picked their gate first, cause I always tried to get my gate picked as soon as possible to make sure I got it. I need to start qualifying better :P
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

I think if this were to be implemented in big races there should be a script telling each rider, in order of qualifying, when to pick their gate. Say I qualified first, there would be a broadcast of "Byron Downen choose gate," then I'd have, say 10 seconds to pick my gate. If I don't pick by then, I will be forced to an available gate once everyone who will pick has picked. Then the unused gates will go in order of gate number for the riders in order of qualifying. So if I don't pick my gate and gate 5 is the first empty gate, I will be locked into gate 5. Then the script would repeat for every rider in the moto. I think it should be a short window of gate picks though so it doesn't hog tons of time.
Fro77

Post by Fro77 »

also if someone ahead of you chose your gate maybe put like a warning just to you in chat telling you someone chose your gate and to pick another
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

Byron said it the way I intended to but I fail.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Already possible via scripting from the rF site. Still what your suggesting to be done in game is over complicated. I don't have a better suggestion, but I can see what is being suggesting as wing confusing and time consuming.

You could pretty much do what has been suggested via the rF site with a graphical gate selection map and leave gate selections open until a few minutes before the race at which point those scripts could be made and uploaded. But it's also more work for the people running the races and confusing because you'd have to tab out to do it.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

bdownen323 wrote:I think if this were to be implemented in big races there should be a script telling each rider, in order of qualifying, when to pick their gate. Say I qualified first, there would be a broadcast of "Byron Downen choose gate," then I'd have, say 10 seconds to pick my gate. If I don't pick by then, I will be forced to an available gate once everyone who will pick has picked. Then the unused gates will go in order of gate number for the riders in order of qualifying. So if I don't pick my gate and gate 5 is the first empty gate, I will be locked into gate 5. Then the script would repeat for every rider in the moto. I think it should be a short window of gate picks though so it doesn't hog tons of time.

I like this. I think one of the MvA games did it this way with a GUI but that is too like, crazy for sim, would require alot of work (reflex maybe). Also, if it auto picked gate gates starting from gate 40 so the insides dont get filled with people not paying attention it would be more of an incentive to make sure you pick gate.

Player 1 Pick gate:
Gate 2
Player 2 Pick gate:
Gate 7
Player 3 Pick gate
Gate 2---> This gate is already taken please choose a new gate.
Player 4 Pick gate:
Gate 40
Player 5 Pick gate:
Gate 1
Player 6 Pick gate:
(doesnt choose gate)----. Assigned to gate 39
Player 7 Pick gate:
Gate 10
Player 8 Pick gate:
Doesnt pick gate ---> auto assigned to gate 38

Player 9 Pick gate
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
mclaud11

Post by mclaud11 »

I love this idea! The only concern I have is for Supercross it would be great with 20 riders max. But nationals it would take so long to go through and have people pick their gate.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

mclaud11 wrote:But nationals it would take so long to go through and have people pick their gate.
Maybe once you're past the top 20 you could have a group pick at once but still have their picks prioritized by qualifying. Say after the top 20 pick have 21-25 pick, then 26-30, then 31-40.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

RF could do this, technically, already, but it wouldn't be real pretty like I think most are thinking. Basically, when you sign up, you could put in your 3 choice for gates, and hope that one is received. It could then be sorted via script generator(somehow, dont kill me Wheels lol idk how hard it would be!) and inserted into the script so that each person has "picked" their gate. Obviously, this would suck for those in the back of the pack, it by then it really doesn't matter because all the gates suck anyways.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Does everyone have me on ignore?
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Phathry25 wrote:Does everyone have me on ignore?
It's funny because I did not see that at all... Yet best idea.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

I read part of your post then thought it was going nowhere. But like Schmidtty said, best idea here. :lol: