Skin Idea

Post your suggestions here
yz171kx12

Skin Idea

Post by yz171kx12 »

So I've been playing minecraft a bit, and I realized that you can see all the different skins online without downloading a single one. What I was thinking is that when people upload a skin/ model for mx sim, they also upload it to a database or something for the game so that everyone can see the skin someone is using without having to download it. Not sure how this would be done but it is obviously do-able because it works for minecraft. I know that minecraft skins are very low resolution compared to the skins in mx sim so it might make connecting to a server take longer, but I think it would be a good idea due to all the time you save not having to download skins (and more importantly models). Maybe the same could be done with tracks so you can still play if you don't have the track on your computer but that's a different story. It might also be helpful to have a way to shut this feature off for those with slow internet if it does end up making it take longer to connect to a server.
Del
Team: Dubmoto

Re: Skin Idea

Post by Del »

Sounds like Trackmania Nations. However, I don't think this would work because every new person who connected to a server would begin downloading a few hundred megabytes in models/skins.
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

This is a great idea. I have my game full of teams' skins that I want to get rid of, lol
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I don't want everyone's crappy skins. I just want the good ones that I deem worth downloading.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Guy Fawkes
Crushed Dissenter
Team: yolo.

Post by Guy Fawkes »

been requested before i believe
Creiz89
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by Creiz89 »

KTM57 wrote:I don't want everyone's crappy skins. I just want the good ones that I deem worth downloading.
It would probs make the game fps run lower too
JNR Motorsports
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

Creiz89 wrote:
KTM57 wrote:I don't want everyone's crappy skins. I just want the good ones that I deem worth downloading.
It would probs make the game fps run lower too
Thats why it should be optional in the graphic settings
I throw whips.
Japa
Team: Privateer

Post by Japa »

This is an idea i'm familiar with from LFS or (Live for Speed) it has the same thing you upload your skin to the lfs.world i think, then you join a game and can see peoples skins. The problem with this though on a 40 man gate everybody will be getting the skins from the data base and loading in time would take forever, especially if someone doesn't have great internet, but i could be totally wrong just my two cents worth.
Boblob801 wrote:
rmitch524 wrote:She's being modest. 20 is what she really wants
To bad she only gets 3 and a half................
MY STATS