Online Track Editing

Post your suggestions here
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Online Track Editing

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Now i know that this has been suggested but never with much thought on how to do it

so basically to get in a server you need to have the same trackinfo, and track folder with the same files and all that, now lets say the terrain changed, since its the unchanged version on the server, u get disco'd

now, what if we had a way for the server to use a track that is in an online database, like if u have it online and when you connect to the server, your computer loads that track file from online, then if u do the editor or erode, the online track file changes, and all of the users files change accordingly, its like syncing the track to everyone's computer, so instead of YOU having the file, it is ran off of a website or online database, idk just and idea
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Fro77
Team: TBR

Re: Online Track Editing

Post by Fro77 »

+1 seems like it would be difficult to do though
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Would be hard to pull off but fo sho very good! Just make track making more fun and enjoyable
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

We didn't have it online, but it was pretty fun at that place i used to work to have live updating. I'd have someone motoing laps on the xbox at my desk and I would move a triple landing 10 feet further away while they were airborn and they'd eat it. Or putting a wall jump in randomly was pretty funny while they were blitzing some whoops.

Of course there was the practical use of having guys motoing laps while making small adjustments on the fly without ever having to stop to test it.

Was a lot of fun for sure.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Problem: When people are racing in a server, some A-Hole could open up editor and screw with the track.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

mxrewind665 wrote:Problem: When people are racing in a server, some A-Hole could open up editor and screw with the track.
no, all you have to do is not have the track on the online database, just have it like it is now, DL it
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

Would require a lot more bandwidth (get's expensive) and server space for each gaming server to do this as well as all the other technicalities I have no clue about game wise. But love the idea.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

mxrewind665 wrote:Problem: When people are racing in a server, some A-Hole could open up editor and screw with the track.
that a-hole would probably be me ;P
Tanner Rogers
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Or, why not have it like a new game option, like Single player, multiplayer, and multiplayer editing? You go into that, and then you and your buddy could work on a track at the same time.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Jeremy150 wrote:Or, why not have it like a new game option, like Single player, multiplayer, and multiplayer editing? You go into that, and then you and your buddy could work on a track at the same time.
Brilliant! but still, if other people are on the same server trying to edit the track aswell, it could cause conflict. maybe add this "multiplayer editing" option but no public servers
Tanner Rogers
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

jlv wrote:quote to tag
So, since we now have online erode, therefore track changes in real time, would this now be possible?
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I wouldn't use the same system for online track editing. For the editor you'd want it to understand things like gradients so the editors would all be in sync. Plus it'd be way more efficient to say "add a point to the gradient here then do this brush stroke" vs "here are 10,000 new height values".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.