Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by jlv »

Are you sure the lean vs. dab lockout isn't just a key rollover problem? I just tested it and it worked for me.

You can change the rider's mass distribution in the suspension menu. Try setting it to .5.
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Post by rewrew421 »

Wow, you were right haha. Hmm see if i can sort this key problem out.

But i still think the weight should be a little higher or the in air behavior needs to be adjusted because if i lean forward on my bike in the air it will nose just slightly but if i lean back it really rotates the bike. Again i could be wrong its just my opinion.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

jlv wrote:Are you sure the lean vs. dab lockout isn't just a key rollover problem? I just tested it and it worked for me.

You can change the rider's mass distribution in the suspension menu. Try setting it to .5.
Just a question.. :D Or two :P
Ridiers mass distributions, thats...I got mine at lowest, .33 or something, I think that ..Is the easiest, like more grip on the front wheel...And, I know that people have explained what the hidden menu settings do, and other suspension, but is there any guide? Or does anyone have a link to it? :D
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No, there's no guide. You're probably best off using the stability adjuster and then fine tuning the other settings.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

jlv wrote:No, there's no guide. You're probably best off using the stability adjuster and then fine tuning the other settings.
Yeah..but the problem is I dont know what they do :(
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I agree the rider weight could/should have more effect. I turned my slider all the way up and it helped a ton, but I still can't get the front wheel up as much as I'd like. I also agree the front brake gyro in the air seems a bit overkill.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Sorry I'm flooding you with stuff. Just more ideas to consider.

I was thinking last night, the most frustrating part about the game for me is when I go off track and have a hard time getting back to and onto the track and going the proper direction. This is especially the case when there are steep jump sides, big elevation, and/or a lot of objects. Right now you don't have a spline to determine on and off track. I'm assuming you did this because you wanted to avoid the reset of being off track. WOuld it be possible to have a spline (one line in the center, or two boundaries) taht you could reset to. It would be a reset on last valid node you passed, and since the spline would be directional it would set the rider in the right direction.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Since all these new models came out its impossible to watch a demo with more than 10 riders in it.
Isnt there any way to reduce the lag? WITHOUT removing the models, turning down graphics and removing the roost, cuz it still lags way too much and it took me 10 minutes to close Mxs because of the lag.

Isnt there any way to like prevent the models/statues to show up if you are 500ft from them?
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Meh i dont like that idea checkerz, its a sim in real life when you crash over a banner or something you have to go around to get back on the track right? same principle here. This is also why i added the rule about penalty appeals to the WMSA so if you have an accident in a national were you go off the track and it gives you a penalty but you gained no real time it can be reversed.

And fred, i agree there has to be some more stream lining of the game code somewere. In all honesty this game doesnt seem to be all that complex unless you run with AI and it still produces alot of lag.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The current bike models are extremely heavy on the game, the complete bike and wheels are over 15000 polys.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I was thinking about this too. Relate it to mva...don't shoot me... How well can your pc run mva?
Stat MXS MVA
disp size 1025 257
tex size 1024 x N 960 X 960
bikes 40 6
shadows N Y (dynamic)

those are just some things to think about. This game does put a lot of stress on your pc.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

There is a lod system. If you make a model named model_lod9.jm, it will replace model.jm at 512 feet.

I made a list of all the lod levels in this post.

As far as I know, the only things that use it currently are the stock wheels. The low lod versions don't have knobs. It would be really nice to have low lod versions of some of the newer more detailed models.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Would there be a way to have an option "dissable objects" and "disable decals" becuase i think on some tracks the decals lag my computer not necessarily the objects
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If you turn "ground texture detail" all the way down the game will run entirely on prerendered ground textures.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Oh i see, also i was watching some demos with the the roost frequency at 0 and it looks like the bikes roost almost constantly...and actually it looks pretty bad ass. I wouldn't mind if the bikes roosted like that normally.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"