Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
dylan22

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by dylan22 »

DJD wrote:I get weird anomalies from time to time where the suspension oscillates really quickly at the stops. (Either rebounding or under compression)

It causes me to wash out and shit. Ill go into a corner perfectly then it randomly just washes super fast. I posted a video awhile back.

Usually happens when i land going into a corner.
This reminded me of Something i realised during sx last year. Jumping into corners or coming in hot. With anti lock front end. I would washout heaps and it would be completely random. Turned it to normal and the problem completely disappeared. I couldn't work out why.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Turn the braking torque down. Makes the braking smoother
DJD

Post by DJD »

wheels1758 wrote:When that happens, is your suspension fully compressed? Is your frame nearly hitting the ground?
Yeah, It usually happens when the suspension is being fully compressed or rebounding. The wheels vibrate super fast, its odd.

Like some kind of glitch where the wheels are bouncing off the stops. Right when the suspension reaches full compression and is about to rebound, it oscillates really fast.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

What sort of oil level are you running?
DJD

Post by DJD »

100 (76.20mm)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You run everything on 100 don't you? Have you tried not doing that?
DJD

Post by DJD »

No, I don't.

fork_compression_adjustment=85.000000
fork_rebound_adjustment=65.000000
fork_spring_rate_adjustment=77.000000
fork_preload_adjustment=35.000000
fork_oil_level_adjustment=100.000000
shock_compression_adjustment=50.000000
shock_rebound_adjustment=80.000000
shock_spring_rate_adjustment=40.000000
shock_preload_adjustment=30.000000
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Have you tried turning the oil level down a bit? Like even to 80-90
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Would it be possible to have different settings for shaders on just the rider and bike and track objects? I like being able to load fast with shaders off, but I kinda like the normal maps on gear. :lol:
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Just run Hardware/copy or direct with "use shader programs" set to yes.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

No, that goes onto track objects too. You little goonlet. I'm saying just the rider and bike. That's why I tried saying rider and bike and objects. I know that terrain shaders are separate.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I misread it and got excited that I was gonna make you look like you weren't about that lyfe. Clearly, you are.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Phathry25 wrote:MULTIPLE LIGHT SOURCES
:D

JLV, I've been trying to find if you've talked about why we can only have one light source. Would multiple light sources be something you'd consider?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

barrington314 wrote:

JLV, I've been trying to find if you've talked about why we can only have one light source. Would multiple light sources be something you'd consider?
Wouldn't be too hard to add more conventional light sources. They're built in to OpenGL. The thing that makes me hesitant is I've been thinking about switching to doing all lighting through HDR environment maps instead. Not sure I want to add more stuff that will just be obsolete in short order.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

jlv wrote:
barrington314 wrote:

Wouldn't be too hard to add more conventional light sources. They're built in to OpenGL. The thing that makes me hesitant is I've been thinking about switching to doing all lighting through HDR environment maps instead. Not sure I want to add more stuff that will just be obsolete in short order.
I just read about HDR environment maps and it sounds like a really good solution. If I understood it correctly the light sources would be projected from a sphere map onto the track? So from outside the track in. That would work really well in a stadium environment but what if I would like to have light sources within the track limits? Say a bonfire in the middle of the track or multible spotlights next to the jumps in a dark forest? Would it be possible to have both HDR environment map and conventional light sources? Are there HDR versions of conventional light sources?
http://adaptivesamples.com/2016/03/16/m ... -own-hdri/