Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
DJ99X

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by DJ99X »

They do have a circle for the model. I just made a skin for them. And as for the sprocket using the same texture both sides, just copy and paste it
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Im using your skin and thats how i noticed the problem if you stop a replay and look closely the middle of your disc and sprocket have parts cut out that arent transparent in the skin...this is because the model is not just a circle plane its got a shape to it.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah I noticed that weirdness, hmmmm :?
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Can you make it so there are player only skins for the bike and rider? What im saying is make a playerRider.png and playerCRF250.png etc. These skins would be used for the player and only he would have them...The AI riders would be random, but they would only use the rest of the skins. This way if we want to put our number on our bike and rider in the skin we could do that and the AI riders could still use the stock numbers.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That would be easy. The only trick would be knowing when the number is in the skin.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

One idea I had was making a file, sort of like texturelist, where we can put the names of all the files, so we can put as many skins into the game as we want. It could be set out

skin.png bike
or
skin.png rider
and have a star at the end of the line to represent that you want to use that skin.

eg

Code: Select all

rcreplicarmz.png rmz250*
dcyz.png yz125
nofeargear.png rider
foxgear.png rider*
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

That would work for people like you, me and JLV, but for your average 13 year old player, he doesn't want to go through the files messing with things.

That would be kind of difficult to have, but maybe it would be easier just to choose the font type for your number, and have it still like current, only have about 10 different number styles.

Also, just like the CPU numbers, you could have preset names that show up just like with the numbers, and you just enter yours like your number.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

well I would like to be able to add a number to the MVA bikes.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Voutare wrote:That would work for people like you, me and JLV, but for your average 13 year old player, he doesn't want to go through the files messing with things.

That would be kind of difficult to have, but maybe it would be easier just to choose the font type for your number, and have it still like current, only have about 10 different number styles.

Also, just like the CPU numbers, you could have preset names that show up just like with the numbers, and you just enter yours like your number.
but if you already have in the file rider.png rider*, rider-alt1.png rider etc, then it will work for them. Just gives us more advanced people a bit more flexiblility
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I guess I'd have to test it out to see if it worked our not.
MX_brandon

Post by MX_brandon »

Hey jlv great game and love the constant patches/upgrades , one thing that would help my gameplay out would be to reset rider back on the track in correct direction as I have trouble with the opposite steering effect whilst trying to navigate back on course . You could add time penatly ie 5 sec . Sometimes I lose 30sec trying to get back on track or whilst trying to perform a u turn .

Cheers mate keep up the great work

Brandon
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

this is a good suggestion. Sometimes a restart a race because I lose like 30 seconds trying to get back on track!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

But then it loses its realisticness of stacking. I think the physics need to be a bit more stable at those low speeds. I know what you mean though, it is a pain stacking and losing so much time because you can't turn around
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

1. At higher speeds the steering need to be less aggressive.
2. Bikes need to have a nuetral gear.
3. Rider sticks leg out in turns.
4. When your at low speeds, and try to turn around make it so where the steering isnt reversed if you moving the steering. That way you can turn around by sliding your back wheel.
5. Make it so where the rider leans back on takeoffs, also on whoops. The rider trys to balence himself off. This would cause the game to have less buttons.
6. Background noises(birds, airplanes, people talking maybe, etc.
7. Be able to change the clutch, and tire settings.
8. Make it to where if you rev to long at a certain rpm it blows the engine and you have to restart.
9. 450s( Honda, KTM, Yamaha, suzuki, Kawasaki, etc.)
10. TEAROFFS( make it so where after a random amount of time, no more than 5 min., that you have to press "P"on the key board, As in Pulloff.)
11. some kind of money, where you need to complete the points series to get new bikes( well maybe)
12. Realistic crashing( well lets face it, you will crash alot in this game, why not make it interesting, make him ragdoll off the bike, then slowly get up and have him run to the bike, then have to keep pressing "K" to start the bike. As in Kick start.)
13. Track conditions-rain, snow, lightning, wind, hail, water splashes, mud, etc.
14. Enduro bike with lights, big bore, heavy, etc.
15. realistic clutching action( Pulling it in when you stop in 1st gear, taking off but not popping the clutch(maybe already be like that with analog)
16. Endurence(?SP) meter (so you cant case every jump and still ride on, it should reset after each race.)
17. Active lighting on the bike( so we can set up multiple lights around a track,kind of like a pro practice track at night.)
18. Hire me to make all the 2008 and 2009 supercross tracks....
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

WILSONATV wrote:1. At higher speeds the steering need to be less aggressive.
2. Bikes need to have a nuetral gear.
3. Rider sticks leg out in turns.
4. When your at low speeds, and try to turn around make it so where the steering isnt reversed if you moving the steering. That way you can turn around by sliding your back wheel.
5. Make it so where the rider leans back on takeoffs, also on whoops. The rider trys to balence himself off. This would cause the game to have less buttons.
6. Background noises(birds, airplanes, people talking maybe, etc.
7. Be able to change the clutch, and tire settings.
8. Make it to where if you rev to long at a certain rpm it blows the engine and you have to restart.
9. 450s( Honda, KTM, Yamaha, suzuki, Kawasaki, etc.)
10. TEAROFFS( make it so where after a random amount of time, no more than 5 min., that you have to press "P"on the key board, As in Pulloff.)
11. some kind of money, where you need to complete the points series to get new bikes( well maybe)
12. Realistic crashing( well lets face it, you will crash alot in this game, why not make it interesting, make him ragdoll off the bike, then slowly get up and have him run to the bike, then have to keep pressing "K" to start the bike. As in Kick start.)
13. Track conditions-rain, snow, lightning, wind, hail, water splashes, mud, etc.
14. Enduro bike with lights, big bore, heavy, etc.
15. realistic clutching action( Pulling it in when you stop in 1st gear, taking off but not popping the clutch(maybe already be like that with analog)
16. Endurence(?SP) meter (so you cant case every jump and still ride on, it should reset after each race.)
17. Active lighting on the bike( so we can set up multiple lights around a track,kind of like a pro practice track at night.)
18. Hire me to make all the 2008 and 2009 supercross tracks....
nice list, for me iis:
1- 450 4stroke//////250 2 stroke and the ktm brand
2-track conditions
3-the ragdoll crash thing
4- lean back and forward
5-in the corners the rider get down his leg
6-tricks!!!

thats at least for me
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...