lower the price plz

Post your suggestions here
ThoraxFluxa
Team: Fluxa

lower the price plz

Post by ThoraxFluxa »

42$ is a lot to pay for a simulator. yea i know not many people play it, but if you lower the price more people will buy it.

i was thinking 30$-32$ :(
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Re: lower the price plz

Post by Lynch »

It's cheaper then most console games, you won't regret it
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

The game should cost more considering all the shit we get for free. We get to race for free, play in servers for free, bike models and skins for free, tracks for free, gear for free, and free fun (as long as you're not in a server with a bunch of douche dicks). Honestly, I think, if I had to, I'd pay $100 to play this game. It's fun as fuck
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
honda boy 326
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Not even mad JLV.

Post by honda boy 326 »

The amount of content we have, should make the game well over $200. I'm glad Jlv is nice enough to make us pay a one time fee of $42. This game absolutely destroys any MVA game (sorry chris<3)
BEST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: Out of Vanderlees blast zone
WORST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: In his blast zone
Fro wrote:Morin is right.
T-RIDER wrote:i turned my bars this weekend... shit myself and turned em back staight away.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Still the best 40 dollars I have spent to date. Shit, I have spent over 800 bucks on iracing. (a car simulator) would easily spend another 100 on mxsim 2.0
LiL Bubba
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by LiL Bubba »

>not to many people play this game
>more than 13000 UIDs
>wat.
Zach Dowdie #223
west
Team: *eMc*

Post by west »

i think it should be higher ( 60 $)
link of the topic : http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27353[/size] => new engine's sounds
BuryYourHead707

Post by BuryYourHead707 »

LiL Bubba wrote:>not to many people play this game
>more than 13000 UIDs
>wat.

That's not a lot of people compared to, well, any game really. Most games that have been on the market for more than 2 years, even flops, have sold more than this.
The problem really does lie in the price, too.

Imagine this scenario.
The game cost less to buy, therefor more people will buy, some based off of impulse as well.
I'm going to throw some numbers around so please, in no way take these as facts, just a little food for thought.

$42 x 13,000 = $546,000
$15 x 75,000 = 1,125,000

Both of those values for the amount of copies sold are rather small, but imagine if it was $15 from the start.
A lot of people wont buy this game because they see the demo and think "This for $42? I'll pass."
Besides the fact that the demo says nothing about this game not being finished...

Fact of the matter is, if this game was on Steam or even GOG.com without DRM, and was labeled as an Early Access game at $15, JLV would have a LOT more money at the moment.
Sometimes though, money isn't priority, which is why I believe JLV hasn't done so.

I also believe that it would be for the better of the game, creator, and the fans if the price was lower.
This game would take off!
m121c

Post by m121c »

The motocross community isn't very big as far as computer's go, let alone video games. This game does not appeal to most outside people like the Mx vs Atv series, as it's a simulator. You have to have some prior knowledge of what's going on to take a interest in it (for most). If the game were to be the big as you say, you would have to take account the amount of pirated copies as well, more than there already is. I do believe that if the stock content was updated Jlv would sell more, but he knows this aswell, he is isn't stupid.

There are not very many motocross racing games out there, and most are starting to get old. This game does not. No matter the price tag anyone who rides a dirt bike and wants to play a moto game bad enough they will buy this game as long as their financial situation allows it. If you can spend $60 on COD, BF4, or any other video game you can spend $42 on a moto game that you really want to play.
BuryYourHead707

m121c wrote:The motocross community isn't very big as far as computer's go, let alone video games. This game does not appeal to most outside people like the Mx vs Atv series, as it's a simulator. You have to have some prior knowledge of what's going on to take a interest in it (for most). If the game were to be the big as you say, you would have to take account the amount of pirated copies as well, more than there already is. I do believe that if the stock content was updated Jlv would sell more, but he knows this aswell, he is isn't stupid.

There are not very many motocross racing games out there, and most are starting to get old. This game does not. No matter the price tag anyone who rides a dirt bike and wants to play a moto game bad enough they will buy this game as long as their financial situation allows it. If you can spend $60 on COD, BF4, or any other video game you can spend $42 on a moto game that you really want to play.
I don't agree.
Their is Farming Simulator, City Bus Simulator, Truck Simulator... All on Steam, all more successful than this game. People didn't have to be farmers, or commercial class drivers before playing or taking interest in those games. It comes down to how you sell your product, and at what price. Steam and cheap sells, Forum and expensive (PC terms) doesn't.

Besides the fact that 3 motocross games are coming out Spring 2014.
MXGP, MX vs ATV Supercross, and MX-Bikes. That spells major competition for JLV.
Best thing is, all will be released on PC. So if you're argument is "PC MX games don't sell, at least this price is better than console MSRP", then each of those games should sell less that 13,000 in their first month right? We'll see about that.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the game, nor the fact that we have an awesome community of creators that volunteer content. It has to do with opening up your market by lowering entry price, and expanding your storefront. MXS is a great game, and people would agree with that if they knew where to buy it/about it, and wouldn't have to take a $42 risk on an unfinished game.

This would only be better for JLV as he'd gain more money, thus motivating him for further development, and in turn providing us with a better game.
Del
Team: Dubmoto

Post by Del »

BuryYourHead707 wrote:
m121c wrote:The motocross community isn't very big as far as computer's go, let alone video games. This game does not appeal to most outside people like the Mx vs Atv series, as it's a simulator. You have to have some prior knowledge of what's going on to take a interest in it (for most). If the game were to be the big as you say, you would have to take account the amount of pirated copies as well, more than there already is. I do believe that if the stock content was updated Jlv would sell more, but he knows this aswell, he is isn't stupid.

I don't agree.
Their is Farming Simulator, City Bus Simulator, Truck Simulator... All on Steam, all more successful than this game. People didn't have to be farmers, or commercial class drivers before playing or taking interest in those games. It comes down to how you sell your product, and at what price. Steam and cheap sells, Forum and expensive (PC terms) doesn't.

Besides the fact that 3 motocross games are coming out Spring 2014.
MXGP, MX vs ATV Supercross, and MX-Bikes. That spells major competition for JLV.
Best thing is, all will be released on PC. So if you're argument is "PC MX games don't sell, at least this price is better than console MSRP", then each of those games should sell less that 13,000 in their first month right? We'll see about that.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the game, nor the fact that we have an awesome community of creators that volunteer content. It has to do with opening up your market by lowering entry price, and expanding your storefront. MXS is a great game, and people would agree with that if they knew where to buy it/about it, and wouldn't have to take a $42 risk on an unfinished game.

This would only be better for JLV as he'd gain more money, thus motivating him for further development, and in turn providing us with a better game.
These games are successful because they're easy. Train Simulator requires some throttle input and learning the rules of a railroad. City bus simulator requires driving a very slow vehicle by the traffic laws that everyone already knows. Nearly everyone who plays Farming Simulator just cruises around in tractors to make joke videos for YouTube. Point is, these games are easy to get into, and in most cases have a very good tutorial. MX Simulator is not like this. When you first start MX Simulator you would be lucky to make it to the first corner without crashing. This is the same reason MVA and MXGP sell so well, in addition to millions of dollars spent on advertising and establishing franchises.

I agree that being on Steam would be good for JLV. But lowering the price would not help him make more money. It's already grossly under-priced for the amount of content you're getting, and anyone who wants to buy it will buy it at $40. MXGP and MVA SX are not competition to MX Simulator, they are completely different kinds of games and I've never met someone who owned MXS who didn't own most of the MVA games. On the other hand the MVA crowd would not like MXS. MX-Bikes is laughable at best in terms of being competition to MXS.

Here's the crux of my point: MX Simulator will not make more money by 'opening up the market by lowering entry price.' It is already cheaper than every other MX game when it comes out new, and everyone who wants to buy it will do so, because anyone who's played the demo knows that $40 is a steal.
BuryYourHead707

Del wrote:Here's the crux of my point: MX Simulator will not make more money by 'opening up the market by lowering entry price.' It is already cheaper than every other MX game when it comes out new, and everyone who wants to buy it will do so, because anyone who's played the demo knows that $40 is a steal.
Unfortunately what you've just said is not true about the demo. Most people get turned off by the demo considering it has very little content, a steep learning curve, and it looks like it's from early 2000's as far as graphics.
That's why you see posts like this, all the time.

And as far as $42 being a steal for this game....
If you take out all of your tracks, models, and skins, that is what you paid $42 for. If anything is a steal, it's him robbing you.

Go pay $2.50-$10 for Garry's Mod whether it's on sale or not, play all of the other people's creations as well as make your own, then come back and tell me that the base game of MX Sim is worth quadruple the price.
We're just lucky to have the sliver of content creators that we do.
Otherwise this game would have gone literally nowhere.

Oh, and don't scoff at MX-Bikes.
GP-Bikes was a good simulator, and they(Piboso) has a following as it is.
Not only that, but if your register to their forums you can see development progress.
Hilariously his placeholder models look better than stock in this game, as well as his engine being able to render 3D grass.... It's not even in Beta.

MXGP will be great as well. Go on to the YouTube channel for Milestone and watch the rider interview video. Show's clips of gameplay and it looks like they've improved greatly, even from the last video.
It might not be a sim, but it looks like the best arcade-style MX game we've had yet.

Keep your mind and options open, JLV isn't god.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

It's "JLV isn't God." FFS. I can't believe that you are so dense that you can't understand why JLV is held in such high esteem around here. Allow me to spell it out for you. It's because the way he carries himself and treats others. Hell he even lets you run your mouth repeatedly. It's not because he made a fucking game.

Please Mr.KnowItAll tell me how GP Bikes is even close to on the level of MX Sim. As far as I can see in GP Bikes if I hold my steering a certain direction continuously I won't fall over, that's not realistic at all. End of argument. Not to mention PiBoSo's following is MUCH smaller than what we have here. Oh yea something else you're wrong about, go figure... PiBoSo is a one man band. A whiny little one man band who shut down his forums because people offered an honest critique of his games. Imagine if JLV acted that way...

If you actually knew half of what you think you know, you'd actually be a pretty smart person. Unfortunately you're an idiot and open your mouth often in what seems is an effort to prove how big of an idiot you are. All you do is spew half truths and one sided arguments that you setup to make yourself seem infallible.
west
Team: *eMc*

Post by west »

really guys , stop an instant , and use all your brain , u want lower the price, u want... u want... , please go on mxgp or whatever u want and say in their forums "i want ....", they don't care what u want.
i said 100 time here , this game is the best ever , thank you jlv u realised my dreams in video game.
this game is a pure simulation and he can't have more players than arcade games, but jlv is so good because when u sell for "passionated people" u can up the price
when u love u don't count (we said in france)

message for jlv : please continu like u are doing , and really if i should pay for version 2 or for a big update i will do it because your game give me all i searched in mx game and i know you are working on it to mxs will become better and better
40$ are shit i could double the price without cry

for the other please respect the work of a man and what a man ! don't depreciate his work
link of the topic : http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27353[/size] => new engine's sounds
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

what an interesting thread here !

im agree, this game should be a lot expensive with all add ons, all free, i can easily pay 2x more and pay the updated version every year
BUT
buryyourhead's point of view is really interesting too and he's right when he talk about lower prices = more profit

the fact is, i don't think jlv has developped this game for profit, that wasn't his primary goal

it could be interesting to have jlv's point of view
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF