JLV help fix my OCD problem

Post your suggestions here
barrington314
Team: me

JLV help fix my OCD problem

Post by barrington314 »

Not sure how many of you will even know what Im doing here. But basically Im following the top edge line of a berm to be sure that the bales are perfectly straight. Its a pain and I dont do it on all of them because it takes so long. But every now and then my OCD kicks in and this is the result.
On to the actual suggestion.
It would be much quicker if the gradients didnt disappear when you select to place statues. Is there any possibility for either that to change so that we can maybe select to highlight gradients always, or just have separate drawing tools that work similar to gradients, just drag them out to whatever size you want?

#butyoudontputanytimeorthoughtintoyourtracks
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: JLV help fix my OCD problem

Post by yzmxer608 »

I thought you were using this for the bales: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11094

You have some dedication placing those by hand lol.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I thought you were using this for the bales: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11094

You have some dedication placing those by hand lol.
I think it would be too hard to get it quite as perfect with that method. And I cant stand when there is too much lip of the berm left exposed and the front tire goes over it and you instantly fall over.
Now for nationals, placing yellow stakes, I think ill be learning the pixel mapper method.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I could do that, but why don't you have the track map as a decal? It makes things so much easier.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote: why don't you have the track map as a decal? It makes things so much easier.
I do when I first start it and get the terrain roughed in. Then I measure out the lanes with a model plane/blank png (which you can see in the pics, the black lines) And I have other statue tools to keep the correct lane width and berm placement. But I like to do the final terrain work with out the decal map so I can see what I am doing a little better.
Evolution_MxDk113
Team: Imma privateer

Post by Evolution_MxDk113 »

so if im right here your suggesting this so its faster to place bales along the tip of the berm, and so you get a perfect semi circle, or quarter circle.
if yes i think it would be a great addition to the editor, but it would have to have a toggle button cause you dont really want to see it when your placing other statues eg. tents, cars, buildings.
but i am still saying this is a great idea, and i sounds pretty strait forward to do.
Evolution_MxDk113

soz for dp but nice placement of the bales, their so perfect
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

It would be cool for me, but Im not sure how many people would benefit from it. So Im not expecting JLV to actually change anything. I was just kind of just sharing the method and thoughts.
I think I could find more uses for some drawing tools though if they were to be added in.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Would "Snap to current gradient" be better than just showing the gradient?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Evolution_MxDk113

yes it would, barrington?
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

I have never had Barrington's problem before but yes, "snap to current" would be better than having the gradients all over the place while adding statues.

And talking about statues.... I know I've said this like a million times but I do think would be so much easier placing statues/billboards if we were able to move/rotate them in group.

^^ This ^^ and real hotkeys for tools (including zoom, strength, focus and radius). I know there already are hotkeys for some of these tools but IMO it is not really comfortable using them. Would it be possible to use the mouse scroll to zoom in/out? And maybe some kind of combination of ctrl/shift + scroll to adjust the brush size (radius and focus)?
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

And a way to select a group of points in gradient edit! :D
Evolution_MxDk113

rafagas wrote:and real hotkeys for tools (including zoom, strength, focus and radius). I know there already are hotkeys for some of these tools but IMO it is not really comfortable using them. Would it be possible to use the mouse scroll to zoom in/out? And maybe some kind of combination of ctrl/shift + scroll to adjust the brush size (radius and focus)?
i totally agree if different hotkeys and new hotkeys, because if i had a quarter for every time i've hit undo instead of zoom in (and i usually spam zoom in :evil: ) i would be a millionaire,
and ii probably sound like a noob here, but is there even a redo hotkey or command in code at all, if there isn't would it be possible to make one?
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

i like all of the above and that redo option. :twisted: