More editor suggestions

Post your suggestions here
barrington314
Team: me

Re: More editor suggestions

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote:It wouldn't be too bad. I had the same idea a while ago but decided not to do it because I wasn't sure if it would have problems or not be enough. One interesting question would be how to do the timing well so you don't show a lot of false passes in the stats. You'd want each double-gate to be hit at around the same time if two riders were even. I guess you'd put in the minimum for each lane and then add gates for each lane that match the opposite lane's gate times.
Would you also have a way to do the joker lane? Auto dock anyone who didn't take it. I forget if this has been asked and discussed. I probably asked 3 years ago. :lol:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The joker lane would need custom scoring code. I wouldn't want to hard code something that bizarre though. It's another thing that a javascript interpreter in the client would be handy for.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

On a similar note, could you allow us to assign a timing gate to the time trial starting position? Or maybe just change it to be 2 timing gates back instead of 1 from the finish.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It'd be real easy to just move it back a gate.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote:It'd be real easy to just move it back a gate.
Not sure if I missed this in an update and maybe I need to set this in a setting somewhere, or maybe you forgot about this. :?:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Thanks JLV! The new tear-offs feature is sweet!
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Dope
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Can we get scroll wheel functionality in editor? Scroll to zoom in and out. Maybe something like Ctrl+scroll to adjust brush size/radius.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'm planning on a major overhaul for the editor. Going to convert the whole thing to javascript for infinite customization. It'll be so nice to be able to integrate all the kludgy scripts we use now. I'll add scroll wheel support then.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

jlv wrote:I'm planning on a major overhaul for the editor. Going to convert the whole thing to javascript for infinite customization. It'll be so nice to be able to integrate all the kludgy scripts we use now. I'll add scroll wheel support then.
does this mean curved gradients! :D :D
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

AtlasZoor wrote:does this mean curved gradients! :D :D
This would make me cream
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

AtlasZoor wrote:
jlv wrote:I'm planning on a major overhaul for the editor. Going to convert the whole thing to javascript for infinite customization. It'll be so nice to be able to integrate all the kludgy scripts we use now. I'll add scroll wheel support then.
does this mean curved gradients! :D :D
Primitives like that are best done at least partially in C for efficiency. Scripting will be more useful for stuff like automatically placing bales or decals, or having macro functions that spit out pre-made objects. Say for example you want a supercross construction set where you just drag obstacles around and it automatically sets the terrain and places the bales and decals. That's the sort of thing scripting will make easier.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Nice! I was going to suggest allowing a higher height in the billboard section and possibly being able to type the height rather than sliding the bar or using the d pad. If you're adding flares and such to stadiums it is a pain to get the right height by guessing in the text editor and reloading the track over and over.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Raise and lower statue option would be cool.