Not another "new game engine thread"

Post your suggestions here

would you rebuy the game for a new up to date engine?

yes
68%
no
10%
maybe
22%

Total votes: 118

JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Re: Not another "new game engine thread"

Post by JT43 »

How does kickstarter actually works? What if you give someone your money then they piss off and go on holiday with the money and scrap the game?
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
K-Xtreme
Team: Privateer

Post by K-Xtreme »

will I need to change my PC ?
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Mxs track environments are nowhere near the limit yet imo.
If all you lazy, whining, hard-surface cowboys put in some track environment work instead of making ridiculous claims that everything would automatically look so much better in another engine we would most likely have tracks with visuals similar to that mxgp game...
Crap unoptimized user made content will still be crap unoptimized user made content in ce/ue4.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

What about the tracks you make? Are they near the limit?
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Nope.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

Make a track that pushes the current engine to it's limits please
pulse

Post by pulse »

JT43 wrote:I'm not a cheap ass, you're idiotic. $300 my ass. Prove it, give JLV $300 for his efforts. I bet you wont.

you dont think I will for a game I know I will spends lots of hours on? :roll:
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

That's not to JLV though
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

JT43 wrote:What do we need a new game engine for then?
+
Why would it mean I would have to buy the same game twice?

It's weird actually. If it was the same game with a new engine I would say no I'm not paying for it. However, if JLV named it MX Simulator 2 I'd probably be tempted
Um..... Well you see.... What do you think a new game engine is? You're playing a game thats engines from around 2005. The only real reason the visuals have improved is because hardware has allowed people to run larger maps. As it stands running a complex 2k national with no objects lags my pc. Yet I can play any other game no problem.

Also what do you think a new game is?? If he changed the game engine so it ran with new shaders and all sorts of goodies it would be far from the same game.
Hi
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Its true that bad user content will still be bad user content, but when you have used proper shaders and you realize simpler things actually look better, it gets super frustrating to have to doctor an mxs model to the limits for it to look somewhat real, the engine is out of date and an old generation, the game is great and always will be, but that does't change the fact that the engine is old.
m121c

Post by m121c »

haggqvist wrote:Mxs track environments are nowhere near the limit yet imo.
If all you lazy, whining, hard-surface cowboys put in some track environment work instead of making ridiculous claims that everything would automatically look so much better in another engine we would most likely have tracks with visuals similar to that mxgp game...
Crap unoptimized user made content will still be crap unoptimized user made content in ce/ue4.
Please show that these claims are ridiculous by proving us lazy, whining, hard-surface cowboys that it can be done. When a track can load up in sim maxed out graphics, look as good as battlefield (the engine isn't even capable of it), and can run a full gate I will literally shit myself. I still shake my head and laugh when I just invested quiet a bit of money it to what some would argue one of the best builds you can buy with a single GPU and CPU, and sim can still bring it down and it doesn't look half as good as stock up to date engine! Yet I can have other games such as battlefield, on ultra graphics, and a full maxed out server and it runs it like a champ.

Although I agree some can be done to better optimize what we currently have but you can not possibly do enough of optimization to not only run smoother but also look better. I would rather see fewer models that are of quality then tons of shitty looking optimized models, but that is just my opinion.

Jlv is one man team I get it, the big games have multiple software engineers and developers but trying to say a new engine would do nothing for the game and it's all just optimization is more ridiculous than claims that a new engine would automatically make the graphics look better. :roll:
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

haggqvist wrote: lazy, whining, hard-surface cowboys
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Just wondering; when is the last time anyone released a bike model that used LODs? Do any teams (i.e. all the bikes on the line during a 40 man race) utilize them?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

KTM57 wrote:Just wondering; when is the last time anyone released a bike model that used LODs? Do any teams (i.e. all the bikes on the line during a 40 man race) utilize them?
I don't even race with model's (Other than my bike). I can barely handle stock models let alone LODed models.
Hi
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

I would realy love to hear JLV´s opinion on this.
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!