Steam Greenlight

Post your suggestions here
Ariff
Team: Privateer

Steam Greenlight

Post by Ariff »

Ive been wanting to get this game for a long time, but I can only buy games from steam. Why? Cos my parents.
So do you guys intend to put this game on steam greenlight, or just sell it only on the website? :idea: :idea: :idea:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Steam Greenlight

Post by jlv »

I've thought about it but never actually researched the details. I've been happy with BMT Micro but it does seem like some people only use Steam now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

Ofc i understand you JLV, since you are happy with BMT Micro. but i also think this game would get a ton of new gamers if you added it on steam! the Series will get bigger, more intense,faster riders.
but yeah let us hope it will come on steam in the future :)
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

That's actually a fair point. If you added it to steam it would get more advertisement and a nice UI to go with it.
Hi
BraapBraap

Post by BraapBraap »

Yassss
Will Johns | Privateer
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

But then when you add it to steam you'll get so many new people that know 0 motocross anything
Ariff

Post by Ariff »

jlv wrote:I've thought about it but never actually researched the details. I've been happy with BMT Micro but it does seem like some people only use Steam now.
btw the new mx vs atv supercross is coming out on october. so people will search on steam and eventually they will also find out mx simulator :)
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

dbaum25moto wrote:But then when you add it to steam you'll get so many new people that know 0 motocross anything
I don't get it? 90% of the community know 0 anything. Hence all the crashing
Hi
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I've considered this idea too, however I've come around to the conclusion that I like this the way it is. I think there's around 15.000 UID's out there now. It's quite lot of them. If this would be on steam, withing a month there could be 30.000 new players. I do like the game to grow, but with steam I'm "afraid" that it'd be a lot bigger and not as easy to manage. As of today, we are a community here, not small, neither really big. If JLV wants a good oversight of the forum, he can go through most of the threads. If it expands too quickly (or big), there will probably be a lot more people asking about lost keys and shit... And as mentioned above "Ah motocross is cool, lets but this mx simulator game. (30 minutes later when arcade physics is accidently turned off) FU** THIS SH**, IT'S SO ******* HARD, B*******!!!!! FUU*****!" Or maybe that's an exaggeration of stupid and impatient poeple..

However my vote goes to stay here.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

actually people who buy sims are normally comfortable with the learning curves that come with them. I do think steam would increase userbase by a lot and would increase interest and purchases in this game as it feels like its slowing down. you miss 100% of the shots you dont take
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Steam 100% would be the best thing to happen to this game. It would be a breath of fresh air into the community.

If JLV is comfortable with the massive influx of new players. (And the doe that comes with it $$$ (; )

Steam would be fantastic.

As long as he sets the servers up right, (i,e more SX, 00, and 02 servers so no over crowding).
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

You could tell your parents that 15,000 people already bought the game from the same website and its been good so far...
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
Mason.G 752

Post by Mason.G 752 »

dbaum25moto wrote:But then when you add it to steam you'll get so many new people that know 0 motocross anything
People do and can learn you know.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Mason.G 752 wrote:
they can, but the question is will they?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

dbaum25moto wrote:
Mason.G 752 wrote:
they can, but the question is will they?
Do we have enough faith in humanity that they will?