Make collisions more realistic/less occuring

Post your suggestions here
rovertnamrod
Team: Privateer

Make collisions more realistic/less occuring

Post by rovertnamrod »

Every time you play online, it's so easy to take people out and make them fall over. The slightest touch makes people fall so easily. Especially on the starts. Every single start there's a massive pile up of riders. That's not very realistic, it doesn't happen like that IRL. Why not try to fix it?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Make collisions more realistic/less occuring

Post by Wahlamt »

rovertnamrod wrote:Every time you play online, it's so easy to take people out and make them fall over. The slightest touch makes people fall so easily. Especially on the starts. Every single start there's a massive pile up of riders. That's not very realistic, it doesn't happen like that IRL. Why not try to fix it?
The main thing in starts is that people get hurt irl, here it's just a bunch of angry people who calls you goon. No-one cares for "injuries" in a game, as far as organized racing in mxs, starts are usually cleaner, at least from what I've seen. So we could begin with make people care.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I have wanted the collision spheres to be a bit tighter for a while but IDK when we will see it updated.
yukiboy359

Post by yukiboy359 »

I agree 100%.

Would be cool if rider can endure some hard attack from others like IRL.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Wahlamt wrote:
rovertnamrod wrote:Every time you play online, it's so easy to take people out and make them fall over. The slightest touch makes people fall so easily. Especially on the starts. Every single start there's a massive pile up of riders. That's not very realistic, it doesn't happen like that IRL. Why not try to fix it?
The main thing in starts is that people get hurt irl, here it's just a bunch of angry people who calls you goon. No-one cares for "injuries" in a game, as far as organized racing in mxs, starts are usually cleaner, at least from what I've seen. So we could begin with make people care.
Not really Storken.

In real life there's bar-banging. The riders can touch their elbows and can get contact between them. Also, in real life if you touch the front wheel of some one in a low speed, happens nothing.

All those things you can do in real life can't be done in Mx Sim. That's why there are a lot of crashes ALWAYS in the starts/first lap.

Lot of people doesn't like the front wheel lock but it is still there.
Alex V111#1017
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

rovertnamrod wrote:The slightest touch makes people fall so easily. ... Why not try to fix it?
Really? It's one of the most improved and worked on issues over the years. The latest fix was a big one.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
rovertnamrod wrote:The slightest touch makes people fall so easily. ... Why not try to fix it?
Really? It's one of the most improved and worked on issues over the years. The latest fix was a big one.
I think he means Front wheel lock which is a thing lot of people doesn't like.
Alex V111#1017
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

You guys know this topic is 2 years old, don't you?
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

TeamHavocRacing

...yet it's still somehow relevant. I think anytime JLV improves something, someone inevitably says he made it worse.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Just get rid of front end lock and it'd be glorious.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
TeamHavocRacing

Is that Guy Pearce?
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

rovertnamrod wrote: Every single start there's a massive pile up of riders. That's not very realistic, it doesn't happen like that IRL. Why not try to fix it?
irl, everys single start doesnt have people on powerful bikes heading into the turn 4th pinned and not slowing down until its way too late.

if there was a race irl where the start was how sim starts work, yeah, there would be chaos.
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

onefoureight wrote:Just get rid of front end lock and it'd be glorious.
I'll admit front end lock isn't flawless and stupid things happen but you can still get pretty damn close to other riders. Just have to be really precise and cautious. I can even manage to save it when it does happen sometimes but on the flip side without front end lock, there would be riders getting t-boned/punted over berms constantly lol

you are a G jlv
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

:oops:

you are a G jlv
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

MXTYSEN21 wrote::oops:

While that's awesome and all, I feel as though the collisions and the front end lock have a contrasting effect between the local and the foreign riders.
When I do a race with a full gate I have to be so cautious it's beyond a joke, I have to try avoid any and all contact or i'll be shunted. I can't bang bars because the collisions seem compounded when you factor in the ping, a slight nudge for you will send me off course by 30 degrees. Then you add if I get within half a wheel of you guys I'll get front end lock regardless because of the 250 ping.

Compare your video to mine, I had a great jump so I decided to hold my line, I didn't try to run it in deep, but that slight nudge was enough to send me flying forward into another rider.

2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming