Increase of Gyroscopic Effect and Other Thoughts

Post your suggestions here
DJD

Increase of Gyroscopic Effect and Other Thoughts

Post by DJD »

Would it be possible to increase the gyroscopic effect (of the rear wheel or something?) to help compensate for lack of rider movement? After not playing this game for a year or so I find myself with the nose down quite a bit. :lol: I understand that the physics in game are modeled accurately to real life, but I feel it would be a huge benefit to be able to bring the front end up quicker with less throttle and not have everyone on the rev limiter all the time. Whenever I try suspension settings with less rebound dampening I get kicked like crazy at revert to my standard setting at 100. High and low speed suspension settings would be very handy as well. Or maybe an adjustable rider neutral position with a larger range of motion, I feel the rider cannot get far enough over the front (or rear) at times. Now I'm just rambling...but the core of this game hasn't changed much and I just want something new to play with. Selfish right?

K Bye!
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Re: Increase of Gyroscopic Effect and Other Thoughts

Post by JJH186 »

Dang, long time no play. Good ideas DJ. +1
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

+1 for adjustable neutral position... I feel like the rider has his weight too far forward usually, so you end up with too stiff front suspension, too soft rear, and then you can't get forward far enough in turns to get the forks to settle.
erle_vaughan
Team: Privateer

Post by erle_vaughan »

I think this is a great idea... I pull through gears in the air to bring the front up.

A variable setting would be cool.
0 - no gyro
5 - current
10 - very noticeable.

The brake gyro effect is good though...

I even feel that locking front brakes in the air makes the bike not "turn/move/pull" in the air. which is why i hate combining front and rear brakes on the controller.
erle_vaughan

Post by erle_vaughan »

SOAB_465 wrote:+1 for adjustable neutral position... I feel like the rider has his weight too far forward usually, so you end up with too stiff front suspension, too soft rear, and then you can't get forward far enough in turns to get the forks to settle.
Is the Rider Mass distribution setting on the bottom of suspension and gearing.... not what you looking for???
YZF-Mark
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotorcycleSuperstore

Post by YZF-Mark »

+1 Totally Agree!
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

I think back brake gyro could be increased greatly also.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

erle_vaughan wrote: Is the Rider Mass distribution setting on the bottom of suspension and gearing.... not what you looking for???
All rider mass distribution changes, is how high the rider's centre of gravity is. I want my rider to be 20% farther back in his travel on the bike when my rider lean axis is at 0.
erle_vaughan

Post by erle_vaughan »

@SOAB_465 Thanks for clearing that up... i always thought it moved the rider further forward or back.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

SOAB_465 wrote:
erle_vaughan wrote: Is the Rider Mass distribution setting on the bottom of suspension and gearing.... not what you looking for???
All rider mass distribution changes, is how high the rider's centre of gravity is. I want my rider to be 20% farther back in his travel on the bike when my rider lean axis is at 0.
Couldn't you pull this off by adjusting the "center" of your joystick in the control settings?
erle_vaughan

Post by erle_vaughan »

Phathry25 wrote:Couldn't you pull this off by adjusting the "center" of your joystick in the control settings?
I was wondering the same thing.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

How, in the everloving magical fuck, have I not seen that thread before?

I've been riding around holding slightly back on the stick and usually inadvertently steering slightly for the past 5 years, and wishing my over-eager rider would be in a little less attacky of a position.