Look Button

Post your suggestions here
760Liam

Look Button

Post by 760Liam »

After playing iRacing and lfs, I got really accustomed to being able to look left or right. Pretty straight forward.. 1 button to look left, 1 button to look right. Also, a slider to adjust how much angle you look. Don't care if there is an animation of the riders head moving, but it'd be a nice visual addition to the game.
Ddavis

Re: Look Button

Post by Ddavis »

I can imagine it would be cool to do if you crash and look back as you get going, so you don't pull out in front of anyone, you know?
---RiLeY---151---
Team: Factory Privateer

Post by ---RiLeY---151--- »

agreed. this should be added for sure.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

+1

I only play in first person so it'd really be nice to be more aware of your surroundings.
John_Trombley
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by John_Trombley »

This would keep alot of crashes from happening, please add this jlv
PhilAbney97
Team: DM Racing Honda

Post by PhilAbney97 »

Im new around here, but I've had my fair share of Simulators in the past. As far as having the ability granted for the player to have free range of head movement that's up to the developer as well as being a nightmare to code in. But if it did happen, how would you set it up to have a nice fluid movement?

TrackIR- its a system you can purchase that puts a IR sensor on your monitor (like a webcamera) and a piece with 3 IR reflective tapes (for a hat or connects to your headset) and you can sync and adjust how slow or fast the movement is made in game just by moving your head in real life. I use it for Flight Sims as well as ArmA. Its a unique system that works amazing but its up to the developer to code the ability to have movement into the game itself.
Dead Meat Racing Series Admin
"Suck it Heckman" -Phil
BuzzedControlers
Crushed Dissenter
Team: StanceMoto|AUS|Owner

Post by BuzzedControlers »

I'm a 3rd person player, but iv'e played in 1st person a few times and, I feel as though your point is very valid, and you are quite limited to your vision Left and Right of your rider!

I think it would make a great addition to the game personally, and the animation doesn't have to be anything massive, but it would also be pretty cool, to use in 3rd person, just for the visual aspect of things!
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Or like an oculous rift you could do this with
Scummy

Post by Scummy »

Yes i agree, a lookback, not suggested in racing but it would be cool and the mouse could maybe work as the lookaround.
Colbemx

Post by Colbemx »

I guess jlv doesn't like this bomb idea. I could imagine sending it next to someone and look over to see them throwing it sideways for the kids. Plus eliminate people just reentering the track and causing a crash.