New suspension updates optional?

Post your suggestions here
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Re: New suspension updates optional?

Post by Cody Darr »

I'm not sure. He may have made it smaller, but if the sphere stills sticks out past the frame and we bottom out at the height Mason was at of course we will get a legs off!! The sphere doesn't really affect the front and this is why so many people ride away from nose dive vs air wheelies. At least that's my theory lol.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
m121c

Post by m121c »

That would make since with stuff like this:

The frame is clipping the knuckle of the landing it looks like.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Phathry25 wrote:
Cody Darr wrote:We just need to lose that bowling ball sized skid plate sphere!
Didn't we already lose that?
It used to be beach ball sized. Bowling ball size is about right. It doesn't extend below the frame though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Has anyone asked what is causing such a drastic difference from landing on the gas versus landing off the gas. Using that sand jump as an example, I can crash doubling in landing on the gas cleanly while land 5 in no problem landing without the gas on.

I understand accelerating loads the rear end, but it seems really excessive. The weight transfer on hard landings seems to go to directly to the rear wheel where I would think a sudden stop in momentum would load the front more (I know jack shit about physics, so feel free to correct me for speaking out my ass) or toss the rider over the front more. That doesn't ever really seem to be an issue.

I will say I can land some incredibly unrealistic big lines off the gas and that threshold seems too high, while on the gas pitches me for just clipping the rear tire stepping from one table to another which I would expect to have little to no impact at all on me except maybe a loss of traction.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

I would think that sand IRL was cushioning their landing at least a little bit.
Fucking duh, youre talking about over a foot of cushion softening your landing. couldnt find any pics in air of the monster cup wall but guys were fucking sending it into the sand, so high and they would even land into one and still ride it out

https://instagram.com/p/9FRdGHvsSA/?tak ... neswanberg

also can we get instagram link embedding?

Along with what chris said, why can i 6 into the sand and land sitting down but standing up i die everytime? Sitting down should never be the answer to surviving a high landing.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I know I over jumped a bit but come on.

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That looked like you could have landed that... Shouldn't been a crash.
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

dylan22 wrote:I know I over jumped a bit but come on.

Betcha a case of donuts you landed WFO. The fall off is from too much acceleration. In real life as well, if you flat land a 60HP 450 in second gear tapped, you'll notice that you are no longer any where near your bike.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

SOAB_465 wrote:Betcha a case of donuts you landed WFO. The fall off is from too much acceleration. In real life as well, if you flat land a 60HP 450 in second gear tapped, you'll notice that you are no longer any where near your bike.
LOL

Dylan your suspension moved upon landing. I would suggest stiffening it. :lol:
m121c

Post by m121c »

I know the problem, that there WP stuff. Heard it's about a useful as a wooden nickel. :lol:
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

m121c wrote:I know the problem, that there WP stuff. Heard it's about a useful as a wooden nickel. :lol:
There is no problem Mason..
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

SOAB_465 wrote:

Betcha a case of donuts you landed WFO. The fall off is from too much acceleration. In real life as well, if you flat land a 60HP 450 in second gear tapped, you'll notice that you are no longer any where near your bike.
True story. Last big crash I had irl at Glen Helen on my 450 was when I OJ'd the finish table but was panicked doing so and landed with the throttle twisted about halfway. Next thing I know the bike was 40 feet ahead flinging off the side of the next triple face and I was sliding down the backside of the triple take off with a sore ass. Gave the girlfriend a heart attack too. Good times
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
m121c

Post by m121c »

SOAB_465 wrote:

*Virtual handshake accepting bet* (I like donuts)

I have to disagree with you here.. the acceleration you are talking about is not the type of acceleration (In my mind) you would get on a 60 HP 450 on dirt. Maybe with 100% traction, no ground dampening, and at a perfect time in the RPM's I can see that baby coming out from underneath you. One issue I feel we have is the fact we don't have that "dampening" effect of the dirt in game. Or maybe we do? IDK that would be JLV to answer. Not sure how you would even simulate that.

Reason I say this, I can say from experience I definitely have OJ'd a jump on a 450 and landed 2nd gear WFO, thankfully it didn't end up like this.

I still don't see the reasoning to the fall off. From my perspective, it's a combination of blowing through the stroke easily in the rear end and causing the frame collision to "hit" the ground on the G-Out causing the fall off. Just my perspective on it though. I think it is becoming more evident that we can't be comparing IRL and MXS anymore... the variables are too different.
Blastur
Team: The Boss One

Post by Blastur »

m121c wrote:That would make since with stuff like this:

The frame is clipping the knuckle of the landing it looks like.
lolol
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I dunno how many of you ride seriously but, if your going to land hard. Your best bet is to pin the throttle as you land as the forward momentum absorbs a lot of the force. Who on earth goes yeah I'm over jumping, better land with no gas. If you land pinned and loop your larry. How about you grip with your knees instead of flapping them like a seagull.