Max forces aplied to bike components

Post your suggestions here
Motoboss

Max forces aplied to bike components

Post by Motoboss »

OK an idea came to me and it might be stupid but I couldn't stop thinking about it..Also I'm not saying I'm for this because I already have enough trouble playing the game lol but I thought it would be a good way to add to the realism..

OK assuming different parts of the bike are modeled individually such as wheels forks swing arm etc.. and forces are already applied to the suspension .. Cant the forces be applied to these components? This way if the individual part reaches its max force or close a message pops on the screen saying "Your front wheel is damaged " or forks, handle bars ,whichever or if they come close to there limits say there bent or something..When things become damaged have the game change the settings of that component to some thing different in the advance settings menu that way the bike rides different..
Someone might have a better way of going about this ..Your welcome to add your thoughts ..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Max forces aplied to bike components

Post by jlv »

The forces on each separate body in the bike are known, but the reason for not doing bike damage isn't because it would be technically difficult. It could easily cause legal problems and on top of that I don't think it would be a fun game mechanic anyway. Some idiot nails you in the first turn and you have to deal with a bent bike the rest of the race? Doesn't sound like fun to me.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

There would be no hope for the KTM dyno then!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

jlv wrote:The forces on each separate body in the bike are known, but the reason for not doing bike damage isn't because it would be technically difficult. It could easily cause legal problems and on top of that I don't think it would be a fun game mechanic anyway. Some idiot nails you in the first turn and you have to deal with a bent bike the rest of the race? Doesn't sound like fun to me.
Thanks for the response jlv.. Ya like i said, I dont think I would be for it either .. I was just thinking of a way it could be done.. The legal thing makes sense.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

I like the idea motoboss, but maybe just disconnect the fork joint only ( and id like to see riders completely disconnect too but that's already been asked )maybe for say 3 seconds then they just re attach without penalty? have all the forces for detachment even across all brands, although it doesn't happen very much it does happen. :D :D :D

ugly crashes in pc games always bring out a laugh!! :D

JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Post by JJH186 »

jlv wrote:The forces on each separate body in the bike are known, but the reason for not doing bike damage isn't because it would be technically difficult. It could easily cause legal problems and on top of that I don't think it would be a fun game mechanic anyway. Some idiot nails you in the first turn and you have to deal with a bent bike the rest of the race? Doesn't sound like fun to me.
What about making it harder to damage the bike, not really harder but, making it where getting punted by an idiot wont affect the bike but casing the hell out of a jump or oj a jump will make a difference, that's just my thought.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

How would landing on somebody be measured?