Helmet cam overlay for sim

Post your suggestions here
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Helmet cam overlay for sim

Post by JJH186 »

I have been thinking of this for a while, is it possible to make a helmet overlay for sim to record videos? I am aware there is overlays but you import them in the editing stage. What I want to see is something in the target line of sim for example "--helmet-overlay" that inserts a Helmet visor in your screen so you can record "GoPro" videos without having to add an overlay while editing. I am not sure if I explained this too well but I hope people get what I mean XD.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Helmet cam overlay for sim

Post by Wahlamt »

The main problem I have with the visor thing is that most people seem to forget how it looks and record it with their usual height making it look like you are riding with the helmet leaned towards the bar. But cool suggestion.
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Re: Helmet cam overlay for sim

Post by JJH186 »

Wahlamt wrote:The main problem I have with the visor thing is that most people seem to forget how it looks and record it with their usual height making it look like you are riding with the helmet leaned towards the bar. But cool suggestion.
Yeah that is a problem, but if you record, one should be able to know to fix the height. Its neat and if people do make a video like that you said, people will give feedback and help the person make a change the next time they make a video. Still think it would be neat, but I am not sure how hard it is to make incorporate it into the game, but it would be sick to have it like you make the custom pitboard. Basically an image that goes into your personal folder that is called "helmetoverlay.png" so people can have a helmet they want, they would have to create it though