Hobble the 2009 250 SX-F?

Post your suggestions here
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Re: Hobble the 2009 250 SX-F?

Post by slowngreen »

So wouldnt that mean taking power from BOTH the KTM and Yamaha? To me they are both significantly quicker that the rest of the choices.
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Post by slowngreen »

Or I guess I should say, "shouldnt that mean the yz gets taken down a bit too?" Obviously if the KTM gets docked down then everyone will be on the 09 yz, at least now there is two brands out there haha. Should just put both of the 09's to the newer dyno's and call it good.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The 2009 YZ isn't that far out of line with the others. The CRF beats it from 7k-11k and is close everywhere else. It's the KTM that has a weird 3 HP boost after 11k.

When you look at the Transworld chart, look at the torques rather than the HP numbers. They don't match like they should and the torque numbers are what the game uses.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Just out of curiosity JLV, what years did you use for the 125 dynos?
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Jeremy150 wrote:Just out of curiosity JLV, what years did you use for the 125 dynos?
I think he used the 05 versions? Could be wrong though.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The RM125 is from the Nov 06 Transworld MX, the YZ125 is from Dec 06 Transworld MX. The rest are from the 2005 Dirt Rider shootout.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Speaking of 125's, how about that rm144 is finally banned and taken back to a 125 :lol:. Tried 7-8 laps on A2 to get the triple in on the second rhythm and the best I got was a big case but rode away, first lap on the RM I made it perfectly. The KTM seems like it bridges between the YZ and RM almost.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
west
Team: *eMc*

Post by west »

checkerz wrote:I'm all for pushing everyone to the new dynos each year and hopefully getting guys to actually try out all the bikes and find which they like.

In fact, I'd love that the racing events only homologate the current year bikes. hmmm WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! And once we get the automatic skin/model download upon loading into an online race, we can finally enforce guys that ride a "Kawasaki" actually ride a "Kawasaki" instead of a RMZ that looks like a KXF.

***dreams***

thank u +1000000000
i love u
link of the topic : http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27353[/size] => new engine's sounds
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:Speaking of 125's, how about that rm144 is finally banned and taken back to a 125 :lol:. Tried 7-8 laps on A2 to get the triple in on the second rhythm and the best I got was a big case but rode away, first lap on the RM I made it perfectly. The KTM seems like it bridges between the YZ and RM almost.
RM125's are the best. It's a scientific fact documented in the Nov 06 issue of Transworld MX.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

They were paid off I tell ya!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

checkerz wrote:Once we get the automatic skin/model download upon loading into an online race, we can finally enforce guys that ride a "Kawasaki" actually ride a "Kawasaki" instead of a RMZ that looks like a KXF.
Eh, nah.

See, that wouldn't work. If you were to enforce everyone to ride the same dyno as the model you'd have 30 teams all running suzuki's. But before you say "yeah but real life bikes" no. Real life 100K factory bikes all put out around the same horsepower.

But a stock Honda will put out 55hp compared to stock KTM with 63. It just wouldn't work.

The way were able to put different models on certain Dynos is amazing. And actually levels out the playing field.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

So why do we even have different dynos if everyone is going to use the same one? There really isn't that much of a difference, especially outdoors. In SX people can see it because if there's one rhythm that's huge a .5 ft difference matters. I'm on the 2013 YZF and can make any of the lines this week, but a RMZ is a must right!?
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

yzmxer608 wrote:So why do we even have different dynos if everyone is going to use the same one?

Your guess is as good as mine. But certain bikes have they're perks.
yzmxer608 wrote:There really isn't that much of a difference, especially outdoors.

I agree on the outdoor part, I actually prefer the KX or the Honda for outdoors as I find they're smoother over bumps.

But for SX, there is a massive difference, especially when you're racing. There really isn't that much of a difference if you're in time trial or riding alone.

But when you need every bit of power to get around someone out of a turn you need that bit extra hp. Combine that with a bike that handles and you've got a winning combo. (RMZ)
yzmxer608 wrote:I'm on the 2013 YZF and can make any of the lines this week, but a RMZ is a must right!?
Gustavo made all the lines on a 125. Should we all use 125s!? (Which also happened to be an RM hehee)

When you reach a certain point in the game where you're looking for tenths, every advantage counts, the RMZ has the best overall Power to Handling ratio.

If Horsepower was the main reason for riding a Dyno we'd all be on the KTM. But it doesn't handle, and the gear ratios on it make it a tank to stop. Even with -2 +2 gearing.

Here's how I view the bikes.

RMZ - Best overall bike for Sx. (1)
KTM - Tank with HP. (4)
Honda - Handling is A1, gutless. (3)
Yami- Tank, Gutless, doesn't handle. (5)
KX- Handles Amazing, heaps of torque, weak top end, struggles with massive lines. (2)
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Honda, handling? (I assume 450's here?) I just find the rear end to slide out endlessly, different from the other bikes. Maybe that's just me.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

I dunno I havent played for very long but I think it is pretty silly that everyone uses the same dyno.
I´m probably more guilty of this than anyone cause I´m still so new and dont wanna get used to a bike that is alot worse, so I just stick with the same ones everyone else is using.

This is probably not all true, the good players will win anyway. It really hit me when I tried the RMZ250 (2013) and thought "Hey, this handles really good", but then I had a so much harder time clearing the jumps, the power just wasnt there.
Also when I tried the RMZ250 (2009) (I REALLY wanted to play RMZ if you can notice btw) but the gearing on that bike is so strange that it actually made it hard to ride.

So we should try to get someone similarly powerful dynos across all the brands and make everyone match the dyno to the brand.
Maybe the Honda style doesnt suit your style and therefor a Honda team might not be the best for you, or you just have to adapt to the bike, just like it is in real life.

Balance between bikes is probably really hard to achieve of the bat but we need to not be afraid to change or tweak dynos that are underperforming.

This also means that taking dynocurves and weights from real life wont be 100% possible since thats what its at right now and everyone is using the same dynos.
The dynos should probably start there to keep the "identity" of the brand but change it slightly to make it competative.

This would probably also mean that having older models of the same bike becomes obsolete but myself see no problem with it only beeing the newest version of each brand in the game.