Collisions

Post your suggestions here
Jack175
Team: YouTube Racing

Collisions

Post by Jack175 »

I don't know about anyone else, but the number one thing that makes me rage in this game is the collisions. It's too wishy washy with who falls every time you come into contact with someone. I've been nailed and nothing happens to me or the other guy, and other times I'm going bar to bar in a battle and only one of us gets affected by it. Some people like it better how it is but I prefer how it was before. And I don't even punt people. Who else is with me on that?
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Re: Collisions

Post by JJH186 »

Jack175 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but the number one thing that makes me rage in this game is the collisions. It's too wishy washy with who falls every time you come into contact with someone. I've been nailed and nothing happens to me or the other guy, and other times I'm going bar to bar in a battle and only one of us gets affected by it. Some people like it better how it is but I prefer how it was before. And I don't even punt people. Who else is with me on that?
I hate it how sometimes, you are battleing with someone and you try to pass them, then they end up crashing together but you only fall. Then you are just sitting there like.

░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░░░░░
░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░
░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄░░░▄▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
▌░░░░░▌░██▀█▀▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▌░▐
▌░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░▌░▀███▄▄▀░░▐
▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▀░░░▄▌
▐░░░░▐▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░
░█░░░▌░░▄▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░
░░█░░▀░░░░▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌░░▌░░░█░░░░
░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▄▀░░▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀   █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█
█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀   █▄▄█ █░░█ █░░█
▀░░▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄█ ▀▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀
▒█░▄▀ ▀█▀ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▄ ▀█▀ ▒█▄░▒█ ▒█▀▀█
▒█▀▄░ ▒█░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░ ▒█▒█▒█ ▒█░▄▄
▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▀ ▄█▄ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄█
▒█▀▄▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▀█
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ █▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄ ▄░
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Situations like this below (Shack from the Open class at Oakland) is what I find very annoying. I know it works well in certain situations, but others it's not the greatest (read this for more info, a irl life story by jlv applicable to this is in there too! http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29661).
His collision touched the downed rider's front wheel then the stabilizer goes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Thanks for posting that, Nate. Its exact situations like that, where I'm tip toeing through a sea of downed riders at very low speed, that is absolutely RAGE INDUCING. If anything, the front end should just be jerked to the side instead of the rider going into complete derp mode.

If the "front end lock" were changed where you could hit a downed rider and not loose the stabilizer, that would be fantastic and a huge improvement. Especially because noone can ride cleanly and there's always a sea of downed riders.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually it doesn't disable the stabilizer if you're under 5 feet/sec when you make contact. I can't raise it too much since most of the time a block pass is at the slowest part of the corner.

One thing I could do is not disable the stabilizer if the rider you hit is one the ground. I thought it already did that but looking at it now I don't see it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I didn't realize that was true for under a certain speed. Can we get a speedometer? :lol:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

jlv wrote:Actually it doesn't disable the stabilizer if you're under 5 feet/sec when you make contact. I can't raise it too much since most of the time a block pass is at the slowest part of the corner.

One thing I could do is not disable the stabilizer if the rider you hit is one the ground. I thought it already did that but looking at it now I don't see it.
Seems fairly quick and easy to implement. Can you make this update soon? I think it would really put a damper on first lap chaos in big organized races.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Jack175

Post by Jack175 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
jlv wrote:Actually it doesn't disable the stabilizer if you're under 5 feet/sec when you make contact. I can't raise it too much since most of the time a block pass is at the slowest part of the corner.

Seems fairly quick and easy to implement. Can you make this update soon? I think it would really put a damper on first lap chaos in big organized races.
This would help a lot! Maybe raising the stabilizer to 10 feet/sec would be better?
jlv wrote:
Jack175

Post by Jack175 »

A perfect example just happened to me!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hydal ... isions.rar
Skip to 6:27. I got absolutely blasted like 4th gear wide and nothing happened to the other guy. Another thing is getting landed on. Very often one guy stays up which doesn't make a whole lot of sense
jlv wrote:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Seems fairly quick and easy to implement. Can you make this update soon? I think it would really put a damper on first lap chaos in big organized races.
I want to finish getting the 2016 info entered first. Just finished finding all the gear ratio info so it should be done soon.
Jack175 wrote:This would help a lot! Maybe raising the stabilizer to 10 feet/sec would be better?
It's really about as high as it can be. You'd be surprised at how low the speed is during most block passes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

jlv wrote:One thing I could do is not disable the stabilizer if the rider you hit is one the ground. I thought it already did that but looking at it now I don't see it.
That would be fantastic.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

jlv wrote:One thing I could do is not disable the stabilizer if the rider you hit is one the ground. I thought it already did that but looking at it now I don't see it.
Turns out it already does this. The test was in a function I didn't check. If the other rider is off the bike, or if the other bike's velocity is under 5 feet / sec, your stabilizer will not be weakened.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

jlv wrote:I want to finish getting the 2016 info entered first. Just finished finding all the gear ratio info so it should be done soon.
:shock:
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Lipsett221
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lipsett221 »

Yeah I agree. Also should make collisions more realistic and not just fall over if you bump someone in a corner or on a straight away.