Unlink Dynos and Models.

Post your suggestions here
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Unlink Dynos and Models.

Post by AWood »

Ive always wondered why we cant just have our models and skins and then have that applied to any dyno.

So my team pack could be called this in the skins area

2016 ARON SX Kawi - HOFFMAN
2016 ARON SX Kawi - MILLS
2016 ARON SX Kawi - ROBERTSON
2016 ARON SX Kawi - WOOD

and then i can select any dyno i want for the power curve, instead of having our ARON 2016 kawis tied to the 2013 rm dyno and not transferring when new dynos are updated, this would make skins future proof with dynos and never be a hassle.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Re: Unlink Dynos and Models.

Post by James Webb »

Was just thinking this today, I agree.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Also it should allow for smaller team packs
+1 Good job Awood
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Eventually there will be bikes different enough that it wouldn't make any sense. Vintage bikes for example.

For textures, you can link to another texture by creating a text file with the word "LINK" followed by the file you want to link to. E.g. if you want apple.png to link to orange.png, you'd create a text file named "apple.png" that contains "LINK @orange.png". It doesn't work recursively, so linking to a link won't work.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

jlv wrote:Eventually there will be bikes different enough that it wouldn't make any sense. Vintage bikes for example.

For textures, you can link to another texture by creating a text file with the word "LINK" followed by the file you want to link to. E.g. if you want apple.png to link to orange.png, you'd create a text file named "apple.png" that contains "LINK @orange.png". It doesn't work recursively, so linking to a link won't work.
How eventual is "eventually", if this suggestion was 5 years ago and you (possibly) gave that same answer and we didn't have them by now i would say it would have been worthwhile in the meantime. We already have enduro bikes and a 500 on a 450 KTM i think that doing this would take priority over waiting for the possibility of multiple dynos and stock models. Worst comes to worst and you can homologate the dynos if you ever wanted to have a "vintage race" so even if they're on new models they can have vintage specs otherwise.

Then we dont have to see a million team packs for switching dynos mid season.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:For textures, you can link to another texture by creating a text file with the word "LINK" followed by the file you want to link to. E.g. if you want apple.png to link to orange.png, you'd create a text file named "apple.png" that contains "LINK @orange.png". It doesn't work recursively, so linking to a link won't work.
Holy oranges, why did I just hear about this now!? I was actually meaning to create a topic about this, suggesting it.

JLV: Does this work for jm's too? Last day I though some about "team-packs", how they're often containing the same jm's on 4 different bikes. JM's aren't always that big, but it would still be nice to be able to link those too. I've always kicked myself for having my KTM on three different bikes sizes, still using the same JM's.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

AWood wrote:How eventual is "eventually", if this suggestion was 5 years ago and you (possibly) gave that same answer and we didn't have them by now i would say it would have been worthwhile in the meantime. We already have enduro bikes and a 500 on a 450 KTM i think that doing this would take priority over waiting for the possibility of multiple dynos and stock models. Worst comes to worst and you can homologate the dynos if you ever wanted to have a "vintage race" so even if they're on new models they can have vintage specs otherwise.

On top of it breaking in the future, I don't actually like the practice of putting bikes on the wrong dyno anyway.
Wahlamt wrote:JLV: Does this work for jm's too? Last day I though some about "team-packs", how they're often containing the same jm's on 4 different bikes. JM's aren't always that big, but it would still be nice to be able to link those too. I've always kicked myself for having my KTM on three different bikes sizes, still using the same JM's.
No, it's just textures at the moment.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
zip662
Team: Privateer

Post by zip662 »

jlv wrote:
AWood wrote:How eventual is "eventually", if this suggestion was 5 years ago and you (possibly) gave that same answer and we didn't have them by now i would say it would have been worthwhile in the meantime. We already have enduro bikes and a 500 on a 450 KTM i think that doing this would take priority over waiting for the possibility of multiple dynos and stock models. Worst comes to worst and you can homologate the dynos if you ever wanted to have a "vintage race" so even if they're on new models they can have vintage specs otherwise.

On top of it breaking in the future, I don't actually like the practice of putting bikes on the wrong dyno anyway.
Wahlamt wrote:JLV: Does this work for jm's too? Last day I though some about "team-packs", how they're often containing the same jm's on 4 different bikes. JM's aren't always that big, but it would still be nice to be able to link those too. I've always kicked myself for having my KTM on three different bikes sizes, still using the same JM's.
No, it's just textures at the moment.

I’m not sure what kind of programming language you use in mxs jlv however in theory if you are looking for the skin for your bike aren’t you going to go through it and go to the in game “dyno” then find the model and apply the skin to it but with the – as separators so that you can delete the – when you are coding it? if so why can’t people just type out their skins as such…
*-model-skin.jpg
*_fork_upper-model.jm
*_fork_lower-model.jm
*_frame-model.jm
*_swingarm-model.jm
Because If I remember correctly isn’t * a variable that you would use in command prompt as a select all variable and if you had it like that in game couldn’t you just make an exception of sorts wich would allow you to select them all?
:lol: