FIX THE KEYCAM. PLS.

Post your suggestions here
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

FIX THE KEYCAM. PLS.

Post by onefoureight »

JLV, if you could please add spline curves to the keycam that'd just about make my life.

So for everyone who has used the keycam, if you add more than 2 keys it becomes jagged, so basically, spline curves would eliminate the sudden jerky movement and would allow the camera go around berms or through trees and create certain angles we simply can't achieve with the straight line.

I mean we do our best with what we've got, but this would help out your little free advertisers immensely.

2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: FIX THE KEYCAM. PLS.

Post by Wahlamt »

I've had this on my mind too. I think adding a new command would be good for this, giving you a lot of control. Like
/keycaminterpolate <seconds>

If it in this case is set to 1, it will start interpolating 0.5s before the switch in between 2 keys and then interpolate until 0.5s is done on the new key line.

On the subject, it would be really new also to be able to set the keycam to focus on a rider, just as sit/dab does in normal playback. Maybe add
/keycamriderfocus
to turn it on or off.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Wahlamt wrote:I've had this on my mind too. I think adding a new command would be good for this, giving you a lot of control. Like
/keycaminterpolate <seconds>

If it in this case is set to 1, it will start interpolating 0.5s before the switch in between 2 keys and then interpolate until 0.5s is done on the new key line.
Sim already interpolates the keycams, it's just they're jagged. So adding a spline curve for them to follow would smooth them out.
Wahlamt wrote:On the subject, it would be really new also to be able to set the keycam to focus on a rider, just as sit/dab does in normal playback. Maybe add
/keycamriderfocus
to turn it on or off.
I like this idea a lot.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Maybe interpolate isn't the right word. Either way, I wanted what you described, smooth transitions, ultimately choose how long the transition should be (smoothed), as it is 0.0s now, just switching.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Ben threatened to lag punt me if I didn't bump this
Donate if you like My Creations
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

bump