First person improvements

Post your suggestions here
Cdod119
Team: 906 Media

First person improvements

Post by Cdod119 »

As an experienced racer, I can confidently say this is the most realistic motocross game ever. One thing it lacks h=though, specifically in first person, is looking ahead. approaching the apex of a corner you should be aiming your eyes at its exit, but because of the nature of the first person camera, you can only see what is directly in front of you. This could be remedied in a variety of ways, by the use of timing gates, trigger points, or simply drawing a line on your track and setting how far ahead you wish to look. This would make it much easier to use the first person and make it more realistic to play. Just my opinion.
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
ThackerRacing10
Team: Privateer

Re: First person improvements

Post by ThackerRacing10 »

ive been playing this game in first person for about a year it seems ive never had any trouble with not being able to see the next corner. Have youplayed with the camera settings?
I don't know I made a few mains in the am ax series.... does that make me pro?
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

The camera settings won't help achieve what he's wanting. He means that while in first person view he wants the riders head to automatically move to where you would look if you were riding in real life.

A good example of this is on project cars when you use the camera view where you're inside the helmet. The guys head will look at corners as you're approaching them and that's what this guy wants for mxs.

I think it's a good idea despite me not being someone who rides in 1st person. Would look cooler in videos and would also increase the realism of mxs.
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

DangerJoe wrote:The camera settings won't help achieve what he's wanting. He means that while in first person view he wants the riders head to automatically move to where you would look if you were riding in real life.

A good example of this is on project cars when you use the camera view where you're inside the helmet. The guys head will look at corners as you're approaching them and that's what this guy wants for mxs.

I think it's a good idea despite me not being someone who rides in 1st person. Would look cooler in videos and would also increase the realism of mxs.
Exactly, while it would be cool and make first person better I think theres still some other stuff in-game that needs to be improved first haha
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

DangerJoe wrote:The camera settings won't help achieve what he's wanting. He means that while in first person view he wants the riders head to automatically move to where you would look if you were riding in real life.

Exactly, while it would be cool and make first person better I think theres still some other stuff in-game that needs to be improved first haha
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

I don't think this would work because I think it would really mess up the way you ride. The way I tell what my bike is doing is by watching the way the handle bars/ front fender change in comparison to my horizon. I think if you start moving the camera around you won't have anything static in your view and it would mess you up.

Maybe that doesn't make any sense, but I think you know where I am getting at.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Joe wrote:I don't think this would work because I think it would really mess up the way you ride. The way I tell what my bike is doing is by watching the way the handle bars/ front fender change in comparison to my horizon. I think if you start moving the camera around you won't have anything static in your view and it would mess you up.

This.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

We definitely need a free look option. Even if it's just left and right and snaps back to looking straight after releasing the button, it would still help. A lot of times when you're trying to make a safe track re-entry, it's kind of a shot in the dark, hoping you don't cut in right in front of someone or take someone out in the process since you can't see behind or to the side of you.
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

Joe wrote:I don't think this would work because I think it would really mess up the way you ride. The way I tell what my bike is doing is by watching the way the handle bars/ front fender change in comparison to my horizon. I think if you start moving the camera around you won't have anything static in your view and it would mess you up.

Thats true, it also would like pose many problems riding but I think what aeffertz is getting at below is a much more clever option than what I came up with
aeffertz wrote:We definitely need a free look option. Even if it's just left and right and snaps back to looking straight after releasing the button, it would still help. A lot of times when you're trying to make a safe track re-entry, it's kind of a shot in the dark, hoping you don't cut in right in front of someone or take someone out in the process since you can't see behind or to the side of you.
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

Wahlamt wrote:

This.
Each to their own right? It works well in other games, i don't think "mess up" may be the correct definition, it may change the way people ride but you'd get used to it?
Besides, i imagine if it was implemented into the game it would be an alternative first person camera option. So the original first person view would still be an option.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

aeffertz wrote:We definitely need a free look option. Even if it's just left and right and snaps back to looking straight after releasing the button, it would still help. A lot of times when you're trying to make a safe track re-entry, it's kind of a shot in the dark, hoping you don't cut in right in front of someone or take someone out in the process since you can't see behind or to the side of you.
I agree with this, I feel very very 'closed in" with the current FP camera. I know I have crashed out and messed up a lot of people simply because I cannot see them and I cut over in their line or even get in the way of leaders not know where they are on the track. A simple look left, look right, and look behind button would do the trick.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I just want a slider so you can go from head leaning with bike to head level all the time or somewhere in between. I end up with a kink in my neck after playing for a long time because I tilt my head. Also, my GF makes fun of me...That needs to end! Hah