Track + Model/Skin ratings

Post your suggestions here
DangerJoe
Team: Privateer

Track + Model/Skin ratings

Post by DangerJoe »

I don't know if it's possible for the forum and it might be a bit late to implement it considering the amount of content already released but would it be possible to get a rating system for tracks and skins/models on the forum?
Don't mean to sound bad but a lot of erm.. Not great content is released and thrown on to the tracks or model/skins section and it knocks the better content further down the forum page meaning the better content sometimes goes unnoticed and players who are new to the game may not be able to find the best content currently available for the game.

I know there's sites such as PureMXS but since that sight went down and then started up again there has been very very little decent content released on there.

To sum it up though my idea would be to have a thread in both the models/skins and the tracks sections which is stuck at the top of that section where different content, past and present is rated out of 10 by the mxs community and is then placed in order of that thread.

I think this would also add more of a competition element for creators which may spur them on to create better content.
MotardMatt220

Re: Track + Model/Skin ratings

Post by MotardMatt220 »

DangerJoe wrote:I know there's sites such as PureMXS but since that SITE went down and then started up again there has been very very little decent content released on there.
FTFY bruh

But yeah i agree, content with high rating is higher on the page.
Cdod119
Team: 906 Media

Post by Cdod119 »

DangerJoe wrote:I don't know if it's possible for the forum and it might be a bit late to implement it considering the amount of content already released but would it be possible to get a rating system for tracks and skins/models on the forum?
Don't mean to sound bad but a lot of erm.. Not great content is released and thrown on to the tracks or model/skins section and it knocks the better content further down the forum page meaning the better content sometimes goes unnoticed and players who are new to the game may not be able to find the best content currently available for the game.

I know there's sites such as PureMXS but since that sight went down and then started up again there has been very very little decent content released on there.

To sum it up though my idea would be to have a thread in both the models/skins and the tracks sections which is stuck at the top of that section where different content, past and present is rated out of 10 by the mxs community and is then placed in order of that thread.

I think this would also add more of a competition element for creators which may spur them on to create better content.
There is a rating system employed by some, sometimes from multiple people I belive it is fun factor, environment, and a few other things I can't quite remember. While I've found this very effective, it is seldom used and should be employed by more people. I hope people reading this will begin to use this rating system by replying to the threads of tracks after downloading them.
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

Only time I've seen ratings are on track competitions(which are in their own individual threads so still fall deep into the forum never to be seen again) and the odd "7.5/10" comment :lol:

I meant more like something as, y'know the "newly released tracks" thread which is stuck at the top of the forum. I think it would be good to have something like that where either all tracks are in there with their ratings or just the high rated tracks are put in there
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

DangerJoe wrote:Only time I've seen ratings are on track competitions(which are in their own individual threads so still fall deep into the forum never to be seen again) and the odd "7.5/10" comment :lol:

I meant more like something as, y'know the "newly released tracks" thread which is stuck at the top of the forum. I think it would be good to have something like that where either all tracks are in there with their ratings or just the high rated tracks are put in there
Yeah I agree some of those screenshots can be mighty deceiving, the Puremxs had a really accurate rating system and while it would be cool I think it might be abused by some people and not taken seriously enough to be applicable. :(
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

True, I guess you'd just have to hope that people aren't idiots when it comes to rating and get 3 of your mates to give a track a 10/10 when really it's a awful :lol:
Then again I suppose there could be a penalty of getting banned for abusing the system?
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

DangerJoe wrote:True, I guess you'd just have to hope that people aren't idiots when it comes to rating and get 3 of your mates to give a track a 10/10 when really it's a awful :lol:
Then again I suppose there could be a penalty of getting banned for abusing the system?
Yeah but how would you know someone is abusing it if t's thier opinion, you knowwhat I mean
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith