Re: Mentioned this in 2010 ranting again

Post by stocksy129 »

That is so good, wow.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

stocksy129 wrote:That is so good, wow.
I don't wanna go back holy fuck, stocksy come test something with me. I have a feeling this might help another problem.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

busy selling my ute
Jack175
Team: YouTube Racing

Post by Jack175 »

onefoureight wrote:That little tiny twitch is me smacking the bars into the ground.
That's exactly what happened to me. The bars hit and it just kinda made the back wheel step out a little bit
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Ok I'm actually horny.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

As much as this is cool, having it that low seems like it would potentially turn this into a roadracing simulator with "no limit" for how low you can go/rail inside ruts for example. Might be wrong, but that's something I'd be worried for.

Another thing, wouldn't bars hitting the ground turn the wheel tighter and make it come to a fast stop or wash out instead of bumping you back up?
Jack175
Team: YouTube Racing

Post by Jack175 »

Wahlamt wrote:Another thing, wouldn't bars hitting the ground turn the wheel tighter and make it come to a fast stop or wash out instead of bumping you back up?
Yeah for me it made the front wheel turn in sharper but it won't make you crash or lose much speed
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'm not setting it to 0.03. That'd be like having a wheel on the end of the bar! I might consider something like .125 but even that's a stretch.
Wahlamt wrote:As much as this is cool, having it that low seems like it would potentially turn this into a roadracing simulator with "no limit" for how low you can go/rail inside ruts for example. Might be wrong, but that's something I'd be worried for.

Another thing, wouldn't bars hitting the ground turn the wheel tighter and make it come to a fast stop or wash out instead of bumping you back up?
When it turns the wheel tighter it stands the bike up because of the steering input. The same thing would happen if you steered inside without the grip hitting.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Wahlamt wrote:As much as this is cool, having it that low seems like it would potentially turn this into a roadracing simulator with "no limit" for how low you can go/rail inside ruts for example. Might be wrong, but that's something I'd be worried for.

Not sure how you can put road racing and railing a rut in the same sentence :lol:
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Id take .125 honestly anything helps, only wish this would have happened before nationals
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

Ktmrdr11 wrote:Id take .125 honestly anything helps, only wish this would have happened before nationals
biggest problem in the game is dragging ur bars imo. We call it broomsticking in ts cause it feels like a fucking broom stick is coming out of the shroud and just drags every where. If we had this fix before nattys, racing might have actually been fun
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

jlv wrote:I'm not setting it to 0.03. That'd be like having a wheel on the end of the bar! I might consider something like .125 but even that's a stretch.

When it turns the wheel tighter it stands the bike up because of the steering input. The same thing would happen if you steered inside without the grip hitting.

I'll try your original .25 settings again and compare it to stock, 0.03 makes it's almost impossible to crash ahahahhaa
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TH_722 wrote:Not sure how you can put road racing and railing a rut in the same sentence :lol:
I can do a lot of things :lol: But if you could lean over super much without crashing or dragging, the only thing left for these fast guys would be the knee on the ground since they'd be so low all the time ;)
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

I've been using 0.25 for an hour and went back to the reg for about 20 minutes and I've switched back 0.25

It's beyond an improvement, it helps out immensely and actually makes nationals fun and more predictable, but it still takes quite a lot of skill to rail

And yet It's nothing like the 0.3 which felt like I'd added a no crash mod. I'd happily add it in a new snapshot imo.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Not everyone's as good as you. I'd say rut crashes from collision are less than a 10th of my crashes. So it's not a no crash simulator. Even with .25 and seeing the first gifs that still looks too high. Maybe lower still? .125 like you said jlv?

Can we see the picture of the bike collisions again? How much bigger are the bar spheres than the actual bars, I remember the old photo from SX a year or two ago but it would be a nice reminder for people to see here and what you're changing
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th