Bike and Rider Editing Menu

Post your suggestions here
champyllon
Team: Privateer

Bike and Rider Editing Menu

Post by champyllon »

Maybe this subject as been talked over and over but I really think this would make customization a lot better and the game much more appealing.
Right now the way we're doing stuff are too messy!
Do you want a bike with blue grips instead of black so download or release an entire new model. For what? It's a waste of disk space and things start to get really messy in the game's folder with so many files.

The ideia here is to customize every bike with good looking blank model instead of the awful bikes that come as default. JVL only need to add this feature to default bikes in the game version because the models are already done!

Then all the good willing developers needed to do instead of releasing the whole bike, they would just make decals or grips or pipes or chains parts files! And this files could be used to customize the bike in this 3D menu as we wanted having the default blank bike as model!
The same goes for the rider.
Everybody would have unique bikes, the game would look nicer for new customers, even your disk space would appreciate that a lot!
This would look more or less as the following video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5s7ywIKsJs[/youtube]
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Bike and Rider Editing Menu

Post by Wahlamt »

As everyone else, I do like this idea, but the amount of work that would have to be put into it is just too great for it's reward I'm concerned. As of now when you make a model, you have to align the bike with: the wheels, the footpegs-riders feet, hands on the handlebar and such. So if I understood you right, you want to have an option for grips, bars, decal kit, different plastics, pipes etc?

This would make it a nightmare with compatibility. As each bike is unique, unique measurements, plastics, heights etc, you will most likely not be able to fit one pipe on one bike to another, meaning that the modeler would have to export different pipes for each brand. Also different bars might have a different angle to them, meaning that the grip-model on top would perhaps look weird on certain models, leaving the modeler having to export different models to different bikes. If all bikes would use the same bike model, this wouldn't be a problem, but as of now, at least as I see it, it would be very much work for such a "little" feature.
champyllon

Post by champyllon »

How come all bikes are different? They shouldn't be. Only if we're talking about a 2013 model and a 2009 model then they are different.
But it can be done if bikes are standartized. It would make the game look much better, and save time editing bikes in the future as well as disk space.
Everything takes a lot of work to be done right. But I think this would be worth it especially for sales that might be of JVL intrest.
njc413

Post by njc413 »

This game is based off of Freeware (mostly). It is reliant on the players to make content for the game. The only reason why there's one of each bike on console games is because all of them are made by the same team. All of the creators for this game are all around the world and it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to make the same exact thing to fit everyone else model, it just doesn't work like that. Someone would have to take an immense amount of time to take everyones models, and make parts for them. In other words, since this game is supported by the community making the content, its not feasible to get for what you're asking.

Would it be awesome if it was? absolutely.
Nick Carvalho
3rd O/A Loretta's Schoolboy 1 2015
11th O/A RF Indiana Amateur MX
champyllon

Post by champyllon »

Fair enough! But this game is not so freeware as you're saying because it's sold at 45$.
This game has proven to be sucessful among motocross fans around the world, so why not hire a development team if there's so much to do around it?
A lone man working on a project is a tiny island surrounded by ocean.
I know this because I did a lot of projects on my own.