MX Simulator T-Shirts

Post your suggestions here
MotoxMarcus
Team: True Colors

MX Simulator T-Shirts

Post by MotoxMarcus »

I'm going to try and sell some type of T-shirts through my youtube channel, not just mx sim shirts either, but having difficulty coming up with cool ideas. I thought that an mx simulator shirt would be cool and a lot of people would have interest. The only thing is that since this is a game with copyright, what type of design, if any can I get permission to use? Here is something I came up with real quick that would be similar to what I would sell, if I'm allowed to by JLV. I would never release anything without JLV's permission first.Image
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Re: MX Simulator T-Shirts

Post by DABZZZ »

MotoxMarcus wrote:I'm going to try and sell some type of T-shirts through my youtube channel, not just mx sim shirts either, but having difficulty coming up with cool ideas. I thought that an mx simulator shirt would be cool and a lot of people would have interest. The only thing is that since this is a game with copyright, what type of design, if any can I get permission to use? Here is something I came up with real quick that would be similar to what I would sell, if I'm allowed to by JLV. I would never release anything without JLV's permission first.Image
Where da plug at? (mxsimulator.com)
Probaly have better luck incorporating actual logos.
Idk how much expierence you have with custom clothing, But do you plan on screen printing or vinyl?
If vinyl, I highly suggest creating a outline with minuscule lines on the inside to sorta give the base of the design jus so it isnt a blob lol
How much % would JLV get, How are you going to prove it correct?
Custom numbers or one number on the bike?

There is ALOT of companies that create faux authentic shirts/hats, Are you known at all enough to spread the message of the game or would this be driven by the community like the rest of the content? Not saying its a bad idea, Im NERD Af with mxs, ill totally rep a shirt to a get together, But I cant allow myself to go to races anymore except pro ish, It hurts and I wanna wax all the tools who think theyre quick. But thats just me and my opiniom, take it or leave it homie. Id jus PM JLV though since its a "business matter". You never know
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I've been planning on doing my own "racing" shirt/hoodie for a while, just for fun. Do you think you have a big enough subscriber base for selling stuff? Personally I have 650ish subs and I would never consider myself near enough big enough, since I don't have any die hard fans that I know off.

Are you planning to sell these via tspring or something similar, or buying a stock at your house? Also make sure that you have permissions for any logo or image you may use.
MotoxMarcus

Post by MotoxMarcus »

Currently, this is just an idea I'm kicking around. I would use a site like teespring and just have the shirts available for anybody who would want them. It wouldn't cost me anything to have them available so I would try to sell them as soon as I have a design that I like. My channel is small at the moment but I'm trying my best to grow and I want to have a pretty large channel eventually.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

Sounds like its something that could be done, but like walmaht said itd be nice to have clients, or atleast people to plug you, mxsim daily on insta, vurb stuff like that. Id link up with some other guys and put something together as long as JLV would allow such. Advertisement is advertisment
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I don't know very many people past age 8 who would wear a shirt with an MX Sim screenshot on it. You might want to work the imagery more in the direction of popular contemporary t-shirt design with a logo or symbol instead.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Afraid I can't give you permission on this. It'd be more trouble than it's worth because of trademark issues.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

jlv wrote:Afraid I can't give you permission on this. It'd be more trouble than it's worth because of trademark issues.
Hi Ho Hi Ho- To the memory hole this goes. dumbdumbdumbddumbdumbdumb (music, not actually sayin dumb)
MotoxMarcus

Post by MotoxMarcus »

That's understandable, and "if" I was allowed to make these, I would ask around what people wanted and create a design off of that. This design was just a quick 5 minute job to post the idea here. Thanks for the reply JLV, back to the drawing board on trying to figure out a cool idea.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:Afraid I can't give you permission on this. It'd be more trouble than it's worth because of trademark issues.
Would it be allowed by you and law(?) to create a t-shirt the mx simulator logo on, for personal use? One that I use myself?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If it were for personal use, there would be no trade involved so I assume there would be no issue. Trademark is all about brand identity. If you're doing something that might confuse people into thinking your product is actually someone else's brand you're probably infringing on their trademark. But if you did something like "Marcus' unofficial MX Simulator fan club" t-shirts, that'd be find since there's no way someone would confuse that as being my brand. (I'm not a lawyer, so take this advice with a grain of salt.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
cahill326
Crushed Dissenter

Post by cahill326 »

KTM57 wrote:I don't know very many people past age 8 who would wear a shirt with an MX Sim screenshot on it. You might want to work the imagery more in the direction of popular contemporary t-shirt design with a logo or symbol instead.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

We dont want everyone to know that were nerds, how you supposed to get girls with a sim t-shirt?
Cdod119
Team: 906 Media

Post by Cdod119 »

JLV owns the trademark, he can do whatever he wants with it. Like make a t-shirt. I'm sure people would buy them and it would help get sim out there a little more, and if JLV just had a t-shirt made with the design you would want, then that would be fine. Distribution is another story, but really, the only thing a trademark does is ensure the source of a product. If a watch says Rolex, then it must have come from Rolex and you can expect a Rolex quality good. If a $9 gas station watch says Rolex and you're expecting Rolex quality, you'll be disappointed and ripped off, and that's why trademarks are in place. Similarly, if a shirt says MX Simulator on it, you can expect the shirt came from JLV and you can expect his quality of good. If you made the shirt, even with permission, it wouldn't be from him and you can't ensure that quality. Trademarks are all about the source of the product, so as long as JLV produces it, you should be fine.
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith