Live pit board/mechanic

Post your suggestions here
damon99
Team: MXSG

Live pit board/mechanic

Post by damon99 »

So I was thinking earlier and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but it would be cool and actually help this be even more of a "simulation". If an actual person can be someones mechanic and feed them a message each lap. I thought about how this could work and this is what I came up with.

So say a race hosting website like rF has something where you can not only sign up as a racer, but also sign up as someones mechanic. So to be someone's mechanic they just enter the rider's UID and during races they could give their rider one message per lap.

As an example the mechanic might type "/pitboard take the inside line before the tripple". And that message would be displayed somewhere on the rider's screen for about 15 seconds or so. And as they cross the finish the mechanic can type out another message (1 message per lap).

Let me know what you guys think about this. I know people will say "well why wouldn't you just use teamspeak and just have someone telling you things all the time?" But I know that some people don't like to have someone constantly talking in their ear the whole race and would rather read a quick message on screen.
Ddavis

Re: Live pit board/mechanic

Post by Ddavis »

Irrelevant because nearly everyone races now with someone in Teamspeak telling them everything, but the pit board idea has been mentioned before.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Ddavis wrote:Irrelevant because nearly everyone races now with someone in Teamspeak telling them everything, but the pit board idea has been mentioned before.
damon99 wrote: I know people will say "well why wouldn't you just use teamspeak and just have someone telling you things all the time?" But I know that some people don't like to have someone constantly talking in their ear the whole race and would rather read a quick message on screen.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

damon99 wrote:some people don't like to have someone constantly talking in their ear the whole race
Tell them to shut the fuck up until you need to know where someone is.
zg290
Team: Privateer

Post by zg290 »

I think this is an awesome idea!!
Pradan_
Team: L.L.R Motorsports

Post by Pradan_ »

AMAZING IDEA. I love it
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
mikegeraci211
Team: Miller Designs Co.

Post by mikegeraci211 »

I think its a cool idea, Id like to see it
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Ddavis wrote:Irrelevant because nearly everyone races now with someone in Teamspeak telling them everything, but the pit board idea has been mentioned before.
I don't use team speak. I hope to never reach that level of try hard.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

aeffertz wrote:
I don't use team speak. I hope to never reach that level of try hard.
You just sounded like an idoit.. Teamspeak is more than using for spotters. You hangout with people and talk to them
damon99

Post by damon99 »

I actually love teamspeak. However, Dakota (my teammate) and I both don't talk to each other during a race. Neither of like like to talk or be talked to because we tend to lose focus
damon99

Post by damon99 »

damon99 wrote:I actually love teamspeak. However, Dakota (my teammate) and I both don't talk to each other during a race. Neither of like like to talk or be talked to because we tend to lose focus
Neither of us like*
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

If you are good you can still talk and shred. Hunter and I have both finished top 5 in nationals just shredding having conversations mid moto :lol:
KAWASAKIZ
Team: Privateer

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

Ddavis wrote:If you are good you can still talk and shred. Hunter and I have both finished top 5 in nationals just shredding having conversations mid moto :lol:
u aliens, i have problem to watch TV and eat, noo lol, anyway when i use teamspeak and i play at the same time, i lose focus... that's a big problem
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Ddavis wrote:If you are good you can still talk and shred. Hunter and I have both finished top 5 in nationals just shredding having conversations mid moto :lol:
Addding to this sometimes you can be babbling on about something and not even notice you have ran a fast lap or gained a position.
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

mack| spokes wrote:Addding to this sometimes you can be babbling on about something and not even notice you have ran a fast lap or gained a position.
This is how I run the majority of my qualifying laps
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn