Lighting - Shadows

Post your suggestions here
BeezyBreezy
Crushed Dissenter
Team: META Racing AU

Lighting - Shadows

Post by BeezyBreezy »

Hey guys, Listen I had an Idea as far as I could imagine this would off 100% been mentioned before
Now when I see outdoor Motocross or Supercross events that are hosted in the dark, The track's are lighted like its day light with a dark skybox and the Light Posts just have a billboard file on them.
Would be much nicer and add a much cooler effect even on the National tracks if the "Sun" Wasn't just from one angle, Unless you can run it from other angles, if so I don't know how too.

I was thinking more the point, you could cancel out the sun, or even lower its lighting volume so that it was almost completely pitch back on the track, Then you could find .CORDS Z X Y for example, and run you're lighting from their then have you're posts sitting underneath them, and have it so their is a certain level you can adjust to make the lighting brighter or darker.

I'm really not sure if its possible and how hard it would be, but it would be cool if the Outdoor Night races and stuff their where, light coming from the light posts not just from the 1 Sun Angle.

Now on top of all that I want to bring up the Idea of having shadows, like for instance using the blend you could figure out some angles and what not that would work as a shadow, and so forth, Now im completely lost with this I have no idea how it could be done, I'm more so thinking along the lines of using it just for screenshots / edits to really enhance the way the game looks and what not.

Any way let me know what you all think maybe we could make something of it?
Track Builder, Bike Skiner For Mx Sim and Others
If you would like to see more work from me, donatioans are always nice
Do Custom skins and Tracks for $$
https://www.paypal.me/TyraLynch
Tleavitt360
Team: Privateer

Re: Lighting - Shadows

Post by Tleavitt360 »

I think jlv should use this in the new patch. For the editor add the option to create different sources of light and you can put them wherever you'd like and implement automatic shadows so the what ever the light hits there will be a shadow on the other side of the object.
Versus-PC_Official
Team: VersusPC.com

Post by Versus-PC_Official »

I think this would be awesome if implemented, but would likely require some optimization of the game to run on all but the most monster PC builds.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

It's not easy.

Active lighting isn't possible and right now the game only allows for 1 light source. It is completely possible to change the values of the sun position/brightness in the lighting file, then using a shading map to do exactly what you want.

Booneville and Race Tech Field by Checkerz both do this and are the first ones come to mind.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Easiest way is probably to render the shading you want in Blender or Max. You have way more control that way for sure.