150SX/144YZ/RM/CR/KX

Post your suggestions here
ktmfredrik

150SX/144YZ/RM/CR/KX

Post by ktmfredrik »

Please make this happpen JLV, i would really love this. #BringThe2StrokesBack
The new 150sx 2016 is about 40 hp and would be a perfect 2 stroke match in the 250 class :*
Xkxmotokid
Team: Full Throttle

Re: 150SX/144YZ/RM/CR/KX

Post by Xkxmotokid »

Like this idea
TomBeilby
Team: TrailMenace Racing

Post by TomBeilby »

surely its not gonna be 40hp a yz250f runs like 37 - 38 hp
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

"...2016 model peaks at 40.60 at 11,500 rpm." - http://motocrossactionmag.com/bike-test ... -ktm-150sx
edodane
Team: Privateer

Post by edodane »

+1 for this, would be awesome to have different CC from the "racing" ones, 300 2t, 530/525/570 4t. I think there's a lot of people that play MXSim just for the fun of riding so this is very important for me
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

Or to have a special .exe where you can edit the cc's, weight, and power of a bike and be able to play in game. Of course this would then make the need for custom "tweak" servers, but it would be way easier on JLV if we had this power so he isn't constantly adding bikes. Take LFS (car racing game) for example, where there is a program called "LFS Tweak" which allows you to create your own engine displacement and such.

LFS Tweak Screenshot:
higgsy
Crushed Dissenter

Post by higgsy »

+848 this idea #bring2strokesback
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Agreed.

I feel the same in real life racing they could easily allow 150cc 2strokes in MX2 and 300cc MX1 without it getting out of hand.
Then people might consider it since its more cost effective to run 2 strokes but as it is right now they are so ridicoulusly down on power
there is no way you could be competitive.
We might also get some actual development of the 2stroke bikes again.

They´ll never do this cause of the environment aspect but there is no reason it shouldnt be a good idea in Sim.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Rayvenator wrote:Agreed.

I feel the same in real life racing they could easily allow 150cc 2strokes in MX2 and 300cc MX1 without it getting out of hand.
Then people might consider it since its more cost effective to run 2 strokes but as it is right now they are so ridicoulusly down on power

They´ll never do this cause of the environment aspect but there is no reason it shouldnt be a good idea in Sim.
#RoczenShouldRunA2smokerAfterHeClinchesTheChampionship #forreal
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Wahlamt wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:Agreed.

#RoczenShouldRunA2smokerAfterHeClinchesTheChampionship #forreal
Lol if he did that, I would change my opinion on him in a heartbeat :P.

Would be Legendary ^^
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Rayvenator wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:#RoczenShouldRunA2smokerAfterHeClinchesTheChampionship #forreal

Would be Legendary ^^
Completely seriously, it wouldn't hurt? It'd just be dope as hell. If he'd still win, that would be absolutely legendary, if he wouldn't AMA would need to allow bigger bikes.
Jack175
Team: YouTube Racing

Post by Jack175 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:

Would be Legendary ^^
Completely seriously, it wouldn't hurt? It'd just be dope as hell. If he'd still win, that would be absolutely legendary, if he wouldn't AMA would need to allow bigger bikes.
250 2 smoke = legend. 125 = not giving a single fuck :lol:
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Would be cool since he did it in the GP's, but he doesn't have a bike to ride. Suzuki's last RM250 was in 2008, beyond the 5 year limit (AMA 2016 MX Rulebook, section 3.1b: http://www.amaproracing.com/storage/app ... 921875.pdf
b. Once a motorcycle has been homologated, it may be used until such time that the homologated motorcycle
no longer complies with the technical rules or a maximum of five (5) years.
Now there's rumors of certain manufacturer(s) coming back with 125's after the success of the EMX 125 class in the GP's, I'd love to see it. No idea what Yamaha's plans are in the future, but I'm guessing KTM is going to be the first with direct injection 2 strokes, it's already used in snowmobiles (sadly Yamaha went 100% 4 stroke for snowmobiles in 2007. I have a 2004 600 3-cylinder Yamaha that went unchanged until it's last year in 2006, using an engine introduced in 2000 and a chassis introduced in 2002, first mated in 2004).

I'd honestly like to know the reasoning behind the AMA's choice of displacement for four strokes, after starting at 400 then ending up at 450. I haven't done any research on it, but was it an agreement between the AMA and FIM? What about Japan and the manufacturers? Why is the small bike class 2x displacement while the big bike class is less? There doesn't seem to be consistency, you can't just say because they have half the amount of power strokes at the same RPM you can have twice the displacement. They work so differently you can't compare them that way, maybe if you took a 2 stroke and made the ignition only fire every other time it would be directly comparable.

I want to know how Stewart in his prime on his KX125 would do nowdays against the 250fs. I guess a 5th for Roczen on the 125 is as close as we're going to get to knowing, I don't think Steinke is as fast as Stewart was.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.