Holeshot Device

Post your suggestions here
TheStrikerAce
Crushed Dissenter
Team: NextLevel Racing

Holeshot Device

Post by TheStrikerAce »

Thought it would be cool to add a holeshot device option to the game. On the suspension setup page you could adjust how far down the forks will go until it would engage. You could even map it on the controller so if you did not want to use it you wouldn't have to. Just an idea i had.
PM me for custom bikes, team bikes, custom tracks, replica tracks, or team compunds!!!
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Re: Holeshot Device

Post by USABMXER1 »

We need this!
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

would be really cool :D
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'd vote no, I think they're dumb even in real life. Was an advantage for the first guy to use one, it's not an advantage now that every person has one. Besides maybe JGR who uses the rear holeshot device (and everyone with all the mapping crap) it's an even playing field, the AMA should just ban them and go back to not using them and save on the minimal unsprung weight.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

Yes ^
byrd55621
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Quality designs

Post by byrd55621 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I'd vote no, I think they're dumb even in real life. Was an advantage for the first guy to use one, it's not an advantage now that every person has one. Besides maybe JGR who uses the rear holeshot device (and everyone with all the mapping crap) it's an even playing field, the AMA should just ban them and go back to not using them and save on the minimal unsprung weight.
Do skins cheap!!!!
If you enjoy my content please donate https://www.paypal.me/ByrdGreen
Feel free to visit my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/556Designs/
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That's like saying everybody should just run stock bikes because more than one guy rides a factory bike. Why dismiss technology just for the sake of dismissing it?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

KTM57 wrote:That's like saying everybody should just run stock bikes because more than one guy rides a factory bike. Why dismiss technology just for the sake of dismissing it?
yeah, what he said. shut up Nate
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

yzmxer608 wrote:I'd vote no, I think they're dumb even in real life. Was an advantage for the first guy to use one, it's not an advantage now that every person has one. Besides maybe JGR who uses the rear holeshot device (and everyone with all the mapping crap) it's an even playing field, the AMA should just ban them and go back to not using them and save on the minimal unsprung weight.
This. ^^
I just disagree with all this "technology" that takes away too much skill from the rider.
So glad they removed the traction control systems from MotoGP and F1. Not only did the engines sound horrible because of it, almost half-a-brain could drive a F1 car (almost). Best car just won when everyone could just flat out from every corner.

So yeah the holeshot device might not take away that much skill from the rider but like YZ said, its pointless when everyone has it.
DougBauer19
Team: Goon Wagon

Post by DougBauer19 »

i guess but i have one irl and if your on dirt that is like glue, it works like a charm. and if you dont use it your nuts are on the handle bars. But anyways i dont know how this would work. i dont really care if this happens or not.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Leclair had one :lol:
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

KTM57 wrote:That's like saying everybody should just run stock bikes because more than one guy rides a factory bike. Why dismiss technology just for the sake of dismissing it?
I think Nate's point, August, is that literally everyone at a Pro National has the holeshot device so it's no different than when nobody had it except that guys in general just get slightly better starts now. I kind of agree with Nate simply because we've seen a few instances already where the device doesn't come out of it's lock position until a few sections into the track which at some point could mean a very big crash for someone. But I digress, I was just trying to show you what Nate was getting at.

In this game, however, might not be the worst idea since a lot of people seem to loop out on some traction in-game and that could just solve it off the start. But I'm indifferent to this suggestion.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I know what he means, I just disagree with the line of thinking. Thanks tho.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
GBeastly

Post by GBeastly »

We need this.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Bind a key?
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!