"Stiffer" collisions off the holeshot

Post your suggestions here
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

"Stiffer" collisions off the holeshot

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

This is something ive thought about for a while now, im sure we have all come to the first corner and joe blow refuses to hit his brakes and give a couple guys a slight nudge but in sim it reacts as to being hit by a semi on the highway.

Another problem is we cannot shift our weight left to right so we cant counter being nudged a little or position our body to where we dont make contact.

My suggestion would be something along the lines of making them more stiff or a stronger stabilizer until timing gate 2-3 or so, that way we could actually bang bars a little and not get thrown 30 feet the other way. It might be the worst idea ever, but id like to see something done about it because on a full gate its all about luck and not getting hit because we all know common sense doesnt come into play very much...

Id like to know what others think about this, i would suggest how to do it but i know 0% about coding so ill let someone with more knowledge take that part.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Re: "Stiffer" collisions off the holeshot

Post by Rush »

I 100% agree. On the starts nobody wants to hit there brakes and all want to get to the first turn first which causes people to bump into each other which causes a 30 man pile up.
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

Rush wrote:I 100% agree. On the starts nobody wants to hit there brakes and all want to get to the first turn first which causes people to bump into each other which causes a 30 man pile up.
you are that person
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
KAWASAKIZ
Team: Privateer

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

cale726 wrote:
Rush wrote:I 100% agree. On the starts nobody wants to hit there brakes and all want to get to the first turn first which causes people to bump into each other which causes a 30 man pile up.
you are that person
LMAO
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

Really do think you shold be able to bang bars with people, IN GENERAL, and not just off the start...
Ktmrdr11

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

I feel the same way, but you can get away with alot more when its a 1 on 1 battle, instead of 1 on 39.
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

I'm just all about making things as accurate as possible
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The worst is when you barely clip a pixel of someone's back tire and crash 100 feet later :lol:
Ktmrdr11

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Yeah the holeshot has to be the most unrealistic part of sim due to the limits of collisions.
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

I think everyone who makes a dumbass move on the start should get perma banned, fuck em
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

when u bump bars you have to stop then go to not get a legs off.. if you try to ride it out you go straight then hop left right die :|
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Wow, so much quality posting in this thread....

Back when we used to run "No-Crash Elimination Races" (IE, if you crashed once, you were out), the dynamic of the starts changed IMMEDIATELY. People were actually cautious and didn't want to hit each other. So, while the collisions certainly can improve, a lot of it has to do with the players as well as the penalty for crashing.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Ben and I have been trying out some different collision settings the last few days. The latest one I posted is probably the most realistic one yet.

Ben and I are both curious how this will affect bar banging. We think it'll be better than what we have now. We're unable to test this though, since we can't go online with modded collisions.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's my post; http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 45#p737037
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

yamaha346
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Stance Kawasaki

Post by yamaha346 »

I agree. Stiffer collisions off the holeshot as the bikes bounce sideways and go unstable usually during and off the gate. This is why everyone is always crashing off the gates.
People that talk trash are behind me for a reason | DBK
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Post by Squidmob567 »

Ddavis wrote:The worst is when you barely clip a pixel of someone's back tire and crash 100 feet later :lol:
The "fuck here we go.." moment