Deformable Terrain

Post your suggestions here
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Deformable Terrain

Post by Sabo »

What I mean by deformable terrain is similar to how Reflex tracks used to degrade mid race.

I think this feature would be especially useful in rF and EMF races where they are quite long. Track creators wouldn't have to artificially insert roughness into the corners and ruts wouldn't have to be as premade. This would also add uniqueness to races where the track is raced a lot, the track would never wear the same way twice.

Track creators could also set where the track would wear the most. It'd be nice to be able to specify where the dirt is softer, so it'd be harder to wear out jump faces and straightaways, but easy to tear up a corner.

I think it would be awesome to have a fresh track just slowly wear out over a race.

What do you guys think? It's probably impossible that this hasn't been brought up before...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Deformable Terrain

Post by Wahlamt »

You can do this offline by adding "--erode #" # = a number in between 1-100, where 100 is max. So for example --erode 20 . You and bots can race this, but this is not an online feature. You can also save tracks after doing this.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

It would be good until ur 20 laps into a 450 main and go into the whoops with 100 deferent ruts and die and lose the race because of it
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Rush wrote:It would be good until ur 20 laps into a 450 main and go into the whoops with 100 deferent ruts and die and lose the race because of it
You just need skill
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Rush wrote:It would be good until ur 20 laps into a 450 main and go into the whoops with 100 deferent ruts and die and lose the race because of it
You can:
1. Set the erode depth per/whatever to make it harder for the ground to deform.
2. Not use --erode 100.

Think it could be good. You could just set a different erode traction at the whoops making them stay the same.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

JLV, make online erosion happen god dammit! XD
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
bristow73
Team: Privateer

Post by bristow73 »

Wahlamt wrote:You can do this offline by adding "--erode #" # = a number in between 1-100, where 100 is max. So for example --erode 20 . You and bots can race this, but this is not an online feature. You can also save tracks after doing this.
Everytime I type that in when offline it say "Not connected to server"
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

bristow73 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:You can do this offline by adding "--erode #" # = a number in between 1-100, where 100 is max. So for example --erode 20 . You and bots can race this, but this is not an online feature. You can also save tracks after doing this.
You need to type that in the .exe target line in properties, not the game chat
bristow73

Post by bristow73 »

nickuzick wrote:
bristow73 wrote:
You need to type that in the .exe target line in properties, not the game chat
Thank you so much I figured it out!
bristow73

Post by bristow73 »

I know its a double post, but is there anyway to save the eroded tracks? and how?
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

As long as you have a backup of the original I think the save function in the editor works