Realistic Bike Mass and Geometry

Post your suggestions here
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Realistic Bike Mass and Geometry

Post by Wahlamt »

ShackAttack12 wrote:What really needs to happen is there should be a larger penalty for crashing hard so as to discourage insane lines and huge risks.
If people would just actually use the knockout system that is in servers, it could be better.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... ut#p589172
Bobbyyyyyy
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Bobbyyyyyy »

lol 1:1 is so bad every section on that track im going 3-4 or 4-3 tracks way to small
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Bobbyyyyyy wrote:lol 1:1 is so bad every section on that track im going 3-4 or 4-3 tracks way to small
So what? Quading sctions on that track isn't actually faster in some cases.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Bobbyyyyyy wrote:lol 1:1 is so bad every section on that track im going 3-4 or 4-3 tracks way to small
Cole Seely just posted a helmet cam video at the Honda test track. It looks exactly like riding Redwood, because its real life. Notice how he's never really WFO, and yes he even did a quad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbQ5OSBlif/
ShackAttack12
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

checkerz wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:
checkerz wrote:Bikes are already too fast. Take off the weight and make things even worse. Building anything remotely realistic is harder than ever. I'd hate to see it made worse.
I agree with the bikes being too fast, but i think it also has to do with the traction we use.
It is one piece. But take away traction and watch 14 pages of bitching begin.

Also factor in if you watch any IRL gopro, you rarely hear a 450 wide open and even when you do it's for a quick burst. In this game, you're wide open A LOT.

I'm saying the bikes honestly need all slowed down if we really want the game to progress.
wouldn't slowing the bikes down make you pinned even more? I mean the slower the bike I'm on the higher rpm i tend to ride and i am harder on the gas in general. if we made the bike faster you would get on the gas for short bursts like what you were saying. that aurgument didn't really make sense not to be a dick :oops: . on a side note I think the bikes should stay the way they are.
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Without consequences (not just crashes, but loss of traction), faster bikes won't keep guys from going wide open and just jumping further.

The complaint from my side is, the bikes get faster, thus making a section with a 10 foot run-up, to a 3 foot jump allowing you to jump 70 feet instead of 60. (just using numbers for example). If they are then made lighter as well, you are now jumping 80 feet instead of 70 or 60 with older bikes. And once you're into a section, there is very little to do to slow the rider down and keep them from going WFO between the jumps and jumping 5 jumps at a time.

When trying to keep the tracks realistic, it is already a battle. Harder when building replicas versus custom because you can't just adjust the section to compensate, you're being restricted by a design and an expectation that it'll look and ride like the real track.

The end goal for me is to keep guys from jumping 70 or 80 feet and instead stay at 60. It gets harder the faster the bikes get.

There are other solutions, and I'm currently experimenting with others suggested above. Currently the other suggestions are, less traction or lower or flatter berms. Both of those result in ridiculous amounts of bitching from racers. Until you've been in the shoes of someone building the replica tracks for the replica series with 200+ racers each week, you wouldn't understand how that isn't really a place anyone wants to be... in front of that firing squad.

The solution that seems to be working currently is less steep faces. I can't get rid of height as again, we're building real tracks here off real dimensions. So the problem may be able to be solved somewhat with the current bikes, but I surely don't want to make the problem worse and the job more difficult.
Ezra
Team: Privateer

Post by Ezra »

It seems to sound like limiting forward grip/rear wheel grip would be a pretty solid solution, would slow you down out of corners, keeping the rhythm realistic, alongside providing better racing due to the need for throttle control. No matter what you change, people will always bitch when there is a change, so why let that stop you from making a change for the better. Im not suggesting JLV stock track traction here( though it is fun to drift around on), but when you can go wfo on a 250 pre apex in the corner, something is wrong...
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

Wahlamt wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:What really needs to happen is there should be a larger penalty for crashing hard so as to discourage insane lines and huge risks.
If people would just actually use the knockout system that is in servers, it could be better.

DP but i totally agree here, that if there was a way to make crashing more of a bad thing, without allowing other people to punt you and cause the "knockout," i think it would really limit the people who dont have the skill to hit certian lines from just "sending it anyway." Seems the current mindset is i cant get hurt so really the worst a fall of can cause is 10 seconds of time lost, if anything is unrealistic, its that...
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Ezra wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:

DP but i totally agree here, that if there was a way to make crashing more of a bad thing, without allowing other people to punt you and cause the "knockout," i think it would really limit the people who dont have the skill to hit certian lines from just "sending it anyway." Seems the current mindset is i cant get hurt so really the worst a fall of can cause is 10 seconds of time lost, if anything is unrealistic, its that...
So let's have a Pre-Supercross racing series utilizing the knockout system and see how it goes?????
ShackAttack12
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

The thing with the knock down system is what if someone comes into you takes your front end out and then your stuck on the ground for 20 seconds when it shouldnt be as long of a fall off as if your tried to go 3-5 through a rhythm section and cased it
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Wilson156 wrote:The thing with the knock down system is what if someone comes into you takes your front end out and then your stuck on the ground for 20 seconds when it shouldnt be as long of a fall off as if your tried to go 3-5 through a rhythm section and cased it
^^^
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

Ezra wrote:without allowing other people to punt you and cause the "knockout,"
Did everyone miss this part of my suggestion?
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Ezra wrote:
Ezra wrote:without allowing other people to punt you and cause the "knockout,"
Did everyone miss this part of my suggestion?
No we saw it, you can't have the knock out system choose between a punt and a crash.

Unless JLV was to re code the entire thing so it went off G Forces. So 15 second kO, for a 70G hit, or a 5 second for a 45.

But that's pointless.

Just make more realistic style tracks.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

ShackAttack12 wrote: Cole Seely just posted a helmet cam video at the Honda test track. It looks exactly like riding Redwood, because its real life. Notice how he's never really WFO, and yes he even did a quad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbQ5OSBlif/
Thats also because hes on a 450. From personal experience riding supercross going for a 3 in is wide open on a 250. Hes also able to carry a lot of momentum through his corners were in sim i feel like you wash the front end or slid out if you try and carry that much momentum. But also comparable to real life after the first triple in the second is usually easier and not quite as wide open because of the speed you carry in from the first one. So to keep people from going 3-5 possibly making the lip so steep on the next triple in the rhythm you flatten it out some? Also finding a happy medium between 250's being able to do the triple ins and 450s not being able to jump half the rhythm is probably pretty hard in sim.

Theres always the invisible walls where if you try to go to big you clip the wall and crash but i doubt thats what we'd want to see in rhythms
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wilson156 wrote:The thing with the knock down system is what if someone comes into you takes your front end out and then your stuck on the ground for 20 seconds when it shouldnt be as long of a fall off as if your tried to go 3-5 through a rhythm section and cased it
You could try something like "knockout 0 0 640 1280 2560". That'd give you two freebies and then 5 seconds, then 10, then 20 the rest of the way.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.