A clear film across the goggles that you can peel away when necessary

Post your suggestions here
Motocrosser_44
Team: MGFX

Re: A clear film across the goggles that you can peel away when necessary

Post by Motocrosser_44 »

USABMXER1 wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:Roll offs or tear offs would be sick to use, but if you play third person they wouldn't do anything for you at all, but if third person was never a thing then maybe it'd be a really badass idea.
Obviusly in 3rd person wouldn't look that realistic but the feeling would still be there.

Let's have this kind of "algorithnm"

If you are in 1st, your screen gets 0.25 dirty.
If you go trough 3 timing gates in 2nd less than 2 secs from the leader, your screen gets 1.0 dirty
If you go trough 3 timing gates 3rd behind 2nd less than 2 secs, you screen gets 1.0 dirty
(...)
If you are riding along with no one near you (5 secs), your screen gets 0.25 dirty

To clean the screen (tear off), you have to press the space bar. Yes, space bar, so we loose some time. I think an animation would not be that necessary.

This would be really cool and wouldn't look that bad in 3rd person. Still the feeling would be there:

Space bar and... voilá!
Would it not matter what track your on then? Like say your on a straight up mud track, would it work the same as if it were a sand track or a track that isn't muddy? Also what if you've got a whole lot more than just 1 rider in front of you, then would the roost get thrown at you more than it would if there was only 1 rider in front of you? Then on the starts say that you get a bad start on a dry track, are you going to have just like dust on your screen or is there going to be actual dirt there?
For sand irl u go through like 3 tear offs so itd b really cool to c realistic tear off needs, on southwick, u would have to pull three for clear vision because of sand getting in between, i think thatd b really sick for something to think about
Albert Tranghese #44 | Tranghese Designs
ddmx

Re: A clear film across the goggles that you can peel away when necessary

Post by ddmx »

A few years back I tried to create a wrapper application that did just this. I actually got it working fairly well but it didn't "handshake" with the game at all. Meaning, even if you were standing still or had no one in front of you it would still populate the screen.

Maybe someone with a bit more savvy could do something like that but go a few steps further and link it to throttle press duration or something similar.

-dd