A front brake airborne lock option?

Post your suggestions here
bc45

A front brake airborne lock option?

Post by bc45 »

I didn't really know how I wanted to word this or what you would call it.. But I'm not sure how many other people use this same setup as I do, but I have both the front and back brake on one button on my controller. I feel like it would be nice to have an option you can select to allow the front brake not to work while the bike is airborne. I want to be able to hit the back brake while I am in the air over a jump, but when I push in the button on my controller they both engage, and the bike then acts extremely awkward in the air. I tried separating the buttons for front and back brake but I've been playing for too long at this point to be able to get use to that..

Thank ya'll and let me know if this seems feasible.
| 2nd overall in 2013 Loretta Lynn's 125 and 250 B |8th in 2014 250 West Coast Phoenix Main Event
http://roostmx.net/

Facebook @baileycroommusic

Instagram @baileycroommusic

YouTube @baileycroommusic
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: A front brake airborne lock option?

Post by sethiemeboi »

you should just do what i do: set back brake to a different button and put it on normal. make front brake antilock if it isn't already. and when your riding on the ground, like if your trying to sopy before a turn, just never use the back brake,just the front brake. it seems stupid but it works really good. it ultimately forces you to go faster. it took me 5 minutes to love it. :lol:
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

+1
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
bc45

Post by bc45 »

sethiemeboi wrote:you should just do what i do: set back brake to a different button and put it on normal. make front brake antilock if it isn't already. and when your riding on the ground, like if your trying to sopy before a turn, just never use the back brake,just the front brake. it seems stupid but it works really good. it ultimately forces you to go faster. it took me 5 minutes to love it. :lol:
What's the difference with changing the back brake back to normal? i changed the button for it but I left it anti lock. It's not bad like that it's just hard for me to make a turn if I'm quading a section in sx.. :cry:
| 2nd overall in 2013 Loretta Lynn's 125 and 250 B |8th in 2014 250 West Coast Phoenix Main Event
http://roostmx.net/

Facebook @baileycroommusic

Instagram @baileycroommusic

YouTube @baileycroommusic
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

What's the difference with changing the back brake back to normal? i changed the button for it but I left it anti lock. It's not bad like that it's just hard for me to make a turn if I'm quading a section in sx.. :cry:[/quote]
when its antilock its only a less powerful front brake, which doesn't lock up, that i dont think is necessary. you will have less braking power but its a small sacrifice that i was willing to make so that i could have the ability to brake tap in the air and brake slide into turns. i'm not saying this is the best idea but i like it.

and also i have never had trouble making a turn after a quad in any sx track with this setup. maybe try lowering stability or raising steering strength? :?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

bc45 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:you should just do what i do: set back brake to a different button and put it on normal. make front brake antilock if it isn't already. and when your riding on the ground, like if your trying to sopy before a turn, just never use the back brake,just the front brake. it seems stupid but it works really good. it ultimately forces you to go faster. it took me 5 minutes to love it. :lol:
What's the difference with changing the back brake back to normal? i changed the button for it but I left it anti lock. It's not bad like that it's just hard for me to make a turn if I'm quading a section in sx.. :cry:
Changing it to normal would make you able to lock the rear wheel and slide a bit, which doesn't seem like a gain to me. My front brake is my right bumper, also anti-lock, my rear brake is my left trigger set to normal. This allows me to lock up my rear wheel as much as I want to, also I can press the button to 80% and keep a good amount of breaking.

From my poor riding in real life, I've learned that locking up your front brake messes you up, how I'm not certain. I'd say it's better to have them split up, just for situations like this. The transition is a pain, but it's worth it if you ask me. Keeping the rear brake anti-lock is fine, then it allows you to use a button that is just all or nothing :)