Missed Gate Warning

Post your suggestions here
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Missed Gate Warning

Post by sethiemeboi »

Imagine being in a race, doesnt have to be a serious race or anything, and then you miss a timing gate and have no idea you did until its too late.

what if you add a slowly flashing "Missed Gate!" at the top left right under where it says "Dabbing!" when you skip a gate.

EX: you hit gate 7 and then hit gate 9. that triggers the effect.

any thoug
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Missed Gate Warning

Post by sethiemeboi »

sethiemeboi wrote:Imagine being in a race, doesnt have to be a serious race or anything, and then you miss a timing gate and have no idea you did until its too late.

what if you add a slowly flashing "Missed Gate!" at the top left right under where it says "Dabbing!" when you skip a gate.

EX: you hit gate 7 and then hit gate 9. that triggers the effect.

any thoug
thoughts***
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

The only thing I'd really be interested here is to get a little notification whether you're ghosted or not due to timing gate misses/being too slow between 2 timing gates.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Hard to see a situation where going back for it would be less than the penalty.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

jlv wrote:Hard to see a situation where going back for it would be less than the penalty.
I've missed gates and been a lap behind in two seperate rF races,

I think this would be a cool feature for people who cant stay on track (myself included).
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Storken's suggestion would be better for that, I feel
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Racers52 wrote:
jlv wrote:Hard to see a situation where going back for it would be less than the penalty.

I think this would be a cool feature for people who cant stay on track (myself included).
You have to miss several gates to lose a lap. The game only checks the next three gates after the last gate you hit, so if you miss three it won't see you again until the next time around. (Not checking the whole lot saves a bit of CPU time.) So what you really want is for it to check more gates. It'd be an easy change to make although I'd be a little worried about any unintended consequences the change might cause.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

jlv wrote:
Racers52 wrote:

You have to miss several gates to lose a lap. The game only checks the next three gates after the last gate you hit, so if you miss three it won't see you again until the next time around. (Not checking the whole lot saves a bit of CPU time.) So what you really want is for it to check more gates. It'd be an easy change to make although I'd be a little worried about any unintended consequences the change might cause.
thats a good point. perhaps this wasn't the best idea? :roll:
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Post by Squidmob567 »

Its honestly tough to miss a timing gate unless you dramatically jump 2 or 3 lanes over but even then just re-enter at the point you came off at.