Automatic Restart on Main Racing Servers

Post your suggestions here
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Automatic Restart on Main Racing Servers

Post by Sweendoggy »

Is there a good reason why we don't force a race restart some amount of time after a race finishes? I just got done playing on 00, and it was crazy... typically the races are less length than the amount of time people freeride in between. While I'm an admin still and can force a restart, it's got to be maddening for most people! Also, lots of times I try to not do any commands to give my admin status away, because then people just constantly ask me to change to a specific task, or restart a race mid race, etc and then I get bitched at when I don't.

Anyway, suggestion is to automatically restart races, on the main racing servers, after 2-5 minutes or something even.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Automatic Restart on Main Racing Servers

Post by jlv »

Originally the server didn't actually know the race was over. It could do it with a script now though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShackAttack12

Re: Automatic Restart on Main Racing Servers

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I'm notoriously the one telling everyone to "RESTARTTTTTTT" after a race finishes.

A timer should be applied to all servers. I think 2-5 minutes is actually too much time. 1-2 minutes MAX.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |