Erode online

Post your suggestions here
zynii
Team: Privateer

Erode online

Post by zynii »

Hi, i'm Zynii
i come at you because i think, put Erode in Online, its a good idea... Why ?

-For more realistic gameplay
-in real life, the track change at every lap... then with Erode its the same, then we need to adapt our piloting way

i test on Rf national Hangtown 2016, i pass 15time at the same place, and i make a real rut ! the same the track (with erode in 40) but on the online we can put 7 or 10 for a realistic gameplay !

what do you think ?

But if the Developer put this option in online, can you "optimize" a little bit the game for the player with a little gamer pc

Sorry for my anglais, i think i have sooooooo many spelling mistake :oops:

WITH ERODE AFTER 15 PASS

WITHOUT ERODE BEFORE PASS
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Re: Erode online

Post by Squidmob567 »

+1
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Those ruts actually look pretty well formed and all but when you have 40 guys on the track it doesn't turn out so nice.
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

My ruts on 100 make are bumps and holes bigger than a volcano
but thats cuz i like em
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.
zynii

Post by zynii »

At erode 100 its normal ^^
But in online at 7-10 its pretty good, why dont make a beta test :)

I dream so much lool ^^
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Alot of people would love to see this including me, but i think we need to fix the erode first, idk if it's just me but when i turn erode on my fps cuts in half and i get EXTREMELY frequent lag spikes.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Rayvenator wrote:With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.
It can definitely be done. It'll still be fairly slow since the track modifications require a lot of stuff to be recalculated that would otherwise be pre-computed, but as slow computers become a smaller and smaller minority that becomes less of an issue.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
zynii

Post by zynii »

Can you put an beta test for erode online ? On elsinore 19801 ? At erode 7-10

It would be really cool :)
mecke96
Team: Northern Factory MX

Post by mecke96 »

jlv wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.
It can definitely be done. It'll still be fairly slow since the track modifications require a lot of stuff to be recalculated that would otherwise be pre-computed, but as slow computers become a smaller and smaller minority that becomes less of an issue.
Sound good. If its not to hard to code or make it possible it would be awesome to have a go for it.

The only problem i can see here is that the terrain updates to slowly, If you put erode on and ride in a circle the ground change with a great deal of delay but not the collision of the terrain.

So that would be the first thing to improve before it can be put in a multiplayer scenario.
2014 Amateur 125 SX : 1st Overall
My tracks!: Swedish Enduro NFMX JokerMX Apex Motocross
My models!: Timbersled kit
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

you should make just 1 server have it and see how people like it
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

808 wrote:you should make just 1 server have it and see how people like it
I think if we could test it out, we could see any real problems with it rather than just talk about it for another few years :roll: lol
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

damon99 wrote:
808 wrote:you should make just 1 server have it and see how people like it
I think if we could test it out, we could see any real problems with it rather than just talk about it for another few years :roll: lol
truuue
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

jlv wrote:

IMO it have to be a priority now, i loved and still like mxs, but i want to feel my wheel going into the ground, here and since i started this game (5years now), i have the feeling that the wheels are always floating in the air and changing the traction will just affect how fast i'll go in the air...

I don't know if it comes from something with tyres in the game, i'm not even sure if this feeling will be gone with an improved erode working online...

You told somewhere about adding tyres presure, this should affect it also.

But ye erode online should be one of the priority in the future
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

M@xTizZz wrote:IMO it have to be a priority now, i loved and still like mxs, but i want to feel my wheel going into the ground, here and since i started this game (5years now), i have the feeling that the wheels are always floating in the air and changing the traction will just affect how fast i'll go in the air...
This may also be because there aren't dynamic shadows.
Alex V111#1017