Post your suggestions here
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Re: Erode online

Post by KaseoDip »

Yamaha285 wrote:Image
I can only imagine :shock:
Also, I feel that something would have to be done with how this game handles ruts. Small ruts in this game do not work very well.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Ddavis wrote:I think you'd need a limit on track deformation, because if it just continued to get worse it would become unplayable for the physics of the game.
That could be a problem, although erode_max_slope will at least keep it from making any walls.
Yamaha285 wrote:Not promoting any other games but mx bikes erode online works great and it works with late arrival players as well. What would be different here compared to that game?

https://gyazo.com/db8d731b83e1b362efa7a80cbefd446a
Could just be me being too cheap with the bandwidth. I haven't tried the terrain deformation in MX Bikes, but if it just leaves a rut behind the bike it's quite a bit simpler than what erode does.

I was re-reading my erode code the other day and did notice a couple of things that could be compressed fairly easily. Might not need as elaborate of a compression scheme as I was initially planning on.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

jlv wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I think you'd need a limit on track deformation, because if it just continued to get worse it would become unplayable for the physics of the game.
That could be a problem, although erode_max_slope will at least keep it from making any walls.
Yamaha285 wrote:Not promoting any other games but mx bikes erode online works great and it works with late arrival players as well. What would be different here compared to that game?

Could just be me being too cheap with the bandwidth. I haven't tried the terrain deformation in MX Bikes, but if it just leaves a rut behind the bike it's quite a bit simpler than what erode does.

I was re-reading my erode code the other day and did notice a couple of things that could be compressed fairly easily. Might not need as elaborate of a compression scheme as I was initially planning on.
good!
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Post by Squidmob567 »

KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Squidmob567 wrote:Image
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

KaseoDip wrote:
Yamaha285 wrote:Image
I can only imagine :shock:
Also, I feel that something would have to be done with how this game handles ruts. Small ruts in this game do not work very well.
The ruts are smaller in mx bikes then the erode on sim. But it also depends on the scale as well. I think my server is set to 1.5 or 2.5 which would be to much for 40 guys but only a few of us play it. And of course each tracks tile info is different so budds creek did not erode as fast as the Stewart compound did. 2.5 at Stewart's house was just deep after a 30 minute practice. Piboso's physics are more like in between simulation and arcade right now so it handles the ruts well with the right set up.
jlv wrote:

Well it sounds like it may be promising. Hopefully it works out to where its not to much of a headache to do.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Just a few for the road. I wont spam the post anymore. Just wanted to show the differences

minimath4
Team: Privateer

Post by minimath4 »

No news ?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Nothing so far.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

jlv wrote:Nothing so far.

Any News?
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Rayvenator wrote:
checkerz wrote:
jlv wrote: It can definitely be done. It'll still be fairly slow since the track modifications require a lot of stuff to be recalculated that would otherwise be pre-computed, but as slow computers become a smaller and smaller minority that becomes less of an issue.
When can we go this direction?
Yeah at some point we have to start raising the bar on what computer is expected out of a player. We cant always dismiss mechanics because of slower computers wont run it, or we´ll get nowhere.
yeah well...some people cant afford $1500 computers.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

ColtHans wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:
checkerz wrote:
When can we go this direction?
Yeah at some point we have to start raising the bar on what computer is expected out of a player. We cant always dismiss mechanics because of slower computers wont run it, or we´ll get nowhere.
Some people should go to work then
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

ROSE822 wrote:
ColtHans wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:
Some people should go to work then
some people are 12
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

ROSE822 wrote:Any News?
Just got basic erode working online today. I have some more work to do to make demos record the erosion. Should have a new snapshot ready for testing soon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.