Erode online

Post your suggestions here
barrington314
Team: me

Re: Erode online

Post by barrington314 »

Everyone requesting restart during qualifying sessions after lap 2. :lol:

JLV, can tileinfo change after erode has gone a specific depth? I want it to be slippery when we get done to the ply wood in SX. :wink:
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

That means track creators doesn`t have to worry about people complaining about it beeing too rough or too smooth, but rather how the ruts are forming.

Think stock tracks may be more interesting for others than stock track heros if we get this.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

How will the transition between tileinfos be? For example from a hard packed erode to sand. Will this make a sharp edge or will it be smooth?

I know I can test it with the current erode, just too lazy to do it atm. :|
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

02RR02 wrote:That means track creators doesn`t have to worry about people complaining about it beeing too rough or too smooth, but rather how the ruts are forming.

Think stock tracks may be more interesting for others than stock track heros if we get this.
Yup. We have heard it all about traction. Now we get to hear complaining about erode settings. :lol: :lol:
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

barrington314 wrote:
02RR02 wrote:That means track creators doesn`t have to worry about people complaining about it beeing too rough or too smooth, but rather how the ruts are forming.

Yup. We have heard it all about traction. Now we get to hear complaining about erode settings. :lol: :lol:
My guess is that we will have very little influence on the ruts and rough of the tracks anymore.

Maybe a few starter ruts (very small). And small rough that will develop in.

Its going to be interesting for sure.

Also presents a new challenge creating overlays. JLV said anything AO wise would have to been done in the shadows file.

Not sure how detailed I can get with that.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

barrington314 wrote:JLV, can tileinfo change after erode has gone a specific depth? I want it to be slippery when we get done to the ply wood in SX. :wink:
It can't do that now at least. For a stadium floor an underground statue with a plywood texture would be better anyway since it'd show through when you hit it. Another spot where mesh collisions would be nice, although for the floor you could use an extremely large sphere since nothing has to pass under it.
Sandhapper wrote:How will the transition between tileinfos be? For example from a hard packed erode to sand. Will this make a sharp edge or will it be smooth?

It's a sharp edge, but you're free to smooth it out with blended tiles. E.g. 10% sand 90% clay, 20% sand 80% clay and so on. You have 256 tiles to work with so it should be possible to make a smooth transition if you want to put the work into it. As far as traction goes, sharp transitions don't seem to be a big problem in practice.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

jlv wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:How will the transition between tileinfos be? For example from a hard packed erode to sand. Will this make a sharp edge or will it be smooth?

It's a sharp edge, but you're free to smooth it out with blended tiles. E.g. 10% sand 90% clay, 20% sand 80% clay and so on. You have 256 tiles to work with so it should be possible to make a smooth transition if you want to put the work into it. As far as traction goes, sharp transitions don't seem to be a big problem in practice.
Sounds good. Will more tiles cause more lagg?

I'm also curious if you've done anything to scripting yet?
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote: Another spot where mesh collisions would be nice
Hey, you said it this time. :lol: :P
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sandhapper wrote:Sounds good. Will more tiles cause more lagg?

I'm also curious if you've done anything to scripting yet?
More tiles won't affect performance. Nothing done on scripting aside from evaluating some javascript engines.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Broken clavicle + vacation + online erode.
Hmmm.
Maybe it's time for some MXS again...
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

So, my single player erode is not working, and I can't figure out why. Thought maybe I was on a track without erode settings, so I went to stock Red Bud, still didn't work. Thought my settings were too low, so I turned it up from 22 to 100, still nothing.
I have confirmed that I'm using the correct shortcut, so I don't know what my issue is
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

mxsrider96 wrote:So, my single player erode is not working, and I can't figure out why. Thought maybe I was on a track without erode settings, so I went to stock Red Bud, still didn't work. Thought my settings were too low, so I turned it up from 22 to 100, still nothing.
I have confirmed that I'm using the correct shortcut, so I don't know what my issue is
How are your graphic settings? I think I got mine working by enabling shading settings. Not sure which one though.

Still on some tracks it seems to not work for me though. It's weird.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Well, it's not just the look that isn't updating, I'm not getting any ruts forming after 6 laps
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

haggqvist wrote:Broken clavicle + vacation + online erode.
Hmmm.
Maybe it's time for some MXS again...
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
zynii
Team: Privateer

Post by zynii »

what's news for that ? :p