Erode online

Post your suggestions here
zynii
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Team: Privateer

Erode online

Postby zynii » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi, i'm Zynii
i come at you because i think, put Erode in Online, its a good idea... Why ?

-For more realistic gameplay
-in real life, the track change at every lap... then with Erode its the same, then we need to adapt our piloting way

i test on Rf national Hangtown 2016, i pass 15time at the same place, and i make a real rut ! the same the track (with erode in 40) but on the online we can put 7 or 10 for a realistic gameplay !

what do you think ?

But if the Developer put this option in online, can you "optimize" a little bit the game for the player with a little gamer pc

Sorry for my anglais, i think i have sooooooo many spelling mistake :oops:


WITH ERODE AFTER 15 PASS
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

WITHOUT ERODE BEFORE PASS
Image
Image

User avatar
Squidmob567
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:25 am
Team: BGFX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Erode online

Postby Squidmob567 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:09 am

+1
Image

User avatar
Ktmrdr11
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 am
Team: I think Vurb
Location: Joplin, MO

Re: Erode online

Postby Ktmrdr11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:10 am

Those ruts actually look pretty well formed and all but when you have 40 guys on the track it doesn't turn out so nice.

User avatar
cale726
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Erode online

Postby cale726 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 am

My ruts on 100 make are bumps and holes bigger than a volcano
but thats cuz i like em
ayy

User avatar
Rayvenator
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:57 pm
Team: TM-Factory Racing
Location: Lund, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Erode online

Postby Rayvenator » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:59 am

With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.
Image

zynii
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Erode online

Postby zynii » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 am

At erode 100 its normal ^^
But in online at 7-10 its pretty good, why dont make a beta test :)

I dream so much lool ^^

808
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 am

Re: Erode online

Postby 808 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Alot of people would love to see this including me, but i think we need to fix the erode first, idk if it's just me but when i turn erode on my fps cuts in half and i get EXTREMELY frequent lag spikes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I see your UID in a server, I'll just kick that slot.

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12254
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Erode online

Postby jlv » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 am

Rayvenator wrote:With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.

It can definitely be done. It'll still be fairly slow since the track modifications require a lot of stuff to be recalculated that would otherwise be pre-computed, but as slow computers become a smaller and smaller minority that becomes less of an issue.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

zynii
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Erode online

Postby zynii » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Can you put an beta test for erode online ? On elsinore 19801 ? At erode 7-10

It would be really cool :)

User avatar
mecke96
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:40 am
Team: Northern Factory MX
Location: Sweden, Norrbotten

Re: Erode online

Postby mecke96 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 pm

jlv wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.

It can definitely be done. It'll still be fairly slow since the track modifications require a lot of stuff to be recalculated that would otherwise be pre-computed, but as slow computers become a smaller and smaller minority that becomes less of an issue.


Sound good. If its not to hard to code or make it possible it would be awesome to have a go for it.

The only problem i can see here is that the terrain updates to slowly, If you put erode on and ride in a circle the ground change with a great deal of delay but not the collision of the terrain.

So that would be the first thing to improve before it can be put in a multiplayer scenario.
2014 Amateur 125 SX : 1st Overall
My tracks!: Swedish Enduro NFMX JokerMX Apex Motocross
My models!: Timbersled kit
Image

808
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 am

Re: Erode online

Postby 808 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 pm

you should make just 1 server have it and see how people like it
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I see your UID in a server, I'll just kick that slot.

damon99
Posts: 1182
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: Erode online

Postby damon99 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:49 pm

808 wrote:you should make just 1 server have it and see how people like it

I think if we could test it out, we could see any real problems with it rather than just talk about it for another few years :roll: lol
Image

808
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 am

Re: Erode online

Postby 808 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:45 pm

damon99 wrote:
808 wrote:you should make just 1 server have it and see how people like it

I think if we could test it out, we could see any real problems with it rather than just talk about it for another few years :roll: lol

truuue
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I see your UID in a server, I'll just kick that slot.

User avatar
M@xTizZz
Posts: 1952
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 pm
Team: TizZy-Design
Location: France

Re: Erode online

Postby M@xTizZz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:38 am

jlv wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:With basically the entire MXS community begging for this for yearsso if JLV could have implemented this, he would have a long time ago.

It can definitely be done. It'll still be fairly slow since the track modifications require a lot of stuff to be recalculated that would otherwise be pre-computed, but as slow computers become a smaller and smaller minority that becomes less of an issue.



IMO it have to be a priority now, i loved and still like mxs, but i want to feel my wheel going into the ground, here and since i started this game (5years now), i have the feeling that the wheels are always floating in the air and changing the traction will just affect how fast i'll go in the air...

I don't know if it comes from something with tyres in the game, i'm not even sure if this feeling will be gone with an improved erode working online...

You told somewhere about adding tyres presure, this should affect it also.

But ye erode online should be one of the priority in the future
Maxime Tison #13 [EMF] | #89 [rF]
|EMF Official admin Image| |Tizzy Design Owner Image|
Skype ID : max_tizzz

VUSTTOS
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 am
Team: Spanish MX Gamers
Location: GPS not working

Re: Erode online

Postby VUSTTOS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 am

M@xTizZz wrote:IMO it have to be a priority now, i loved and still like mxs, but i want to feel my wheel going into the ground, here and since i started this game (5years now), i have the feeling that the wheels are always floating in the air and changing the traction will just affect how fast i'll go in the air...


This may also be because there aren't dynamic shadows.
Image


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests