Scripting

Post your suggestions here
User avatar
mxsrider96
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am
Team: PoGo
Location: Indiana

Re: Scripting

Postby mxsrider96 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
GHarlan wrote:And before you know it we are gonna have random blocks on the downsides of jumps :lol:

You could probably set a reset timer on them ;)

Hopefully that timer will be set to a second at most, otherwise racing rF ams will become even more chaotic
WAR CRY <3

Sun Burn

barrington314
Posts: 6305
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:03 pm
Team: me
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Scripting

Postby barrington314 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:20 pm

GHarlan wrote:And before you know it we are gonna have random blocks on the downsides of jumps :lol:

Hey, it has happened in real life too. Watched a guy during the AX night in Atlanta plow the leader post on the inside before the finish line, after the whoops, and that thing exploded into four separate pieces that a track worker had to get all back in place by himself mid race. lol.
I think it could be a cool new dimension for the game. Lets not start knocking things before we even get them.

Armatures for a mechanic would be really neat if a mechanic could be linked to each rider (slot) and holding out a pit board in between certain timing gates.

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: Scripting

Postby sethiemeboi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
jlv wrote:The first thing I want to add is movable track objects..

do you mean.. hitting a tough block makes it actually move instead of eating your tire???

How about maybe both? My guess if the system with the current shape files are still in place, it'd be both but the use of objects that you can't run through would be more like in real life/other games, where they're moved and you either crash or slow down. Just guessing.

i'd like to see when you hit a tough block you actually get thrown off your game big time but i don't want to see me getting dragged along with the tough block, like when i hit it my tire will sink in and move it at the same time, i don't want to get stuck in it and be along for the ride, you know?
Image

User avatar
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Scripting

Postby GHarlan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

barrington314 wrote:

I wasn't dissing it i was just saying for an Am Sx race how many bales would be in the whoops or on jumps all the time. That is without a reset timer. I agree that it adds a realistic side if they do end up on the track its just not very common.
Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12562
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Scripting

Postby jlv » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:10 am

sethiemeboi wrote:
jlv wrote:The first thing I want to add is movable track objects..

do you mean.. hitting a tough block makes it actually move instead of eating your tire???

No, that would require creating bodies for them in the physics engine and syncing them over the network. I doubt I'll do that since it'd be a lot of work for something that'd create problems in actual races. The script movable objects would be for moving props around like the barriers after the start and stuff like that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
mxsrider96
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am
Team: PoGo
Location: Indiana

Re: Scripting

Postby mxsrider96 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 am

It would allow .shp files to be moved, correct? Or am I reading way too into what you're saying
WAR CRY <3

Sun Burn

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12562
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Scripting

Postby jlv » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 am

mxsrider96 wrote:It would allow .shp files to be moved, correct? Or am I reading way too into what you're saying

Yes, but the script would have to be careful about it to keep things consistent for all clients.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
Ktmrdr11
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 am
Team: I think Vurb
Location: Joplin, MO

Re: Scripting

Postby Ktmrdr11 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:45 am

Someone could create a yellow bar just like the blue bar, idk how long ive been waiting for that.

barrington314
Posts: 6305
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:03 pm
Team: me
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Scripting

Postby barrington314 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:55 am

Ktmrdr11 wrote:Someone could create a yellow bar just like the blue bar, idk how long ive been waiting for that.

And a red bar. So rF has more reason to ban people when they jump on red. :P

Mr. Wiggles
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Team: MXGH/TGP

Re: Scripting

Postby Mr. Wiggles » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 pm

barrington314 wrote:
Ktmrdr11 wrote:Someone could create a yellow bar just like the blue bar, idk how long ive been waiting for that.

And a red bar. So rF has more reason to ban people when they jump on red. :P

Oh boy it sounds like someone wants to ban some people :lol: :P
#mosthatedoneinmxsim
Image #nobodysafeImage :D :D :D

Easter.7
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:46 pm
Team: MotoSport.com

Re: Scripting

Postby Easter.7 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 am

bump
byrd55621 wrote:i am 13 but i gots $

byrd55621 wrote:Will anybody make a skin for free

User avatar
Atom6246
Posts: 3242
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Florida

Re: Scripting

Postby Atom6246 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:42 am

Ktmrdr11 wrote:Someone should* create a yellow bar just like the blue bar, idk how long ive been waiting for that.

I was just thinking this the other day. Would be nice for people without spotters. Maybe clean up the racing a lil.
Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the pic below!
Image

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6200
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Scripting

Postby Wahlamt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:12 am

Atom6246 wrote:
Ktmrdr11 wrote:Someone should* create a yellow bar just like the blue bar, idk how long ive been waiting for that.

I was just thinking this the other day. Would be nice for people without spotters. Maybe clean up the racing a lil.

Am I the literally only one that want to have no spotter and rely on the (hopefully) existing flaggers? Think the flaggers are good if they're just placed well.

Sandhapper
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:21 am
Team: MotoRAD
Location: The Nederlands

Re: Scripting

Postby Sandhapper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

Wahlamt wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:
Ktmrdr11 wrote:Someone should* create a yellow bar just like the blue bar, idk how long ive been waiting for that.

I was just thinking this the other day. Would be nice for people without spotters. Maybe clean up the racing a lil.

Am I the literally only one that want to have no spotter and rely on the (hopefully) existing flaggers? Think the flaggers are good if they're just placed well.

I've never ridden with spotters either. Takes away from the experience IMO.
https://www.facebook.com/rkdigitalart
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12562
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Scripting

Postby jlv » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:31 am

Going to get started on scripting real soon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests