Dynamic shadows

Post your suggestions here
MxWayGamer
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MTFactory

Dynamic shadows

Post by MxWayGamer »

Hi JLV (and other players) !

I know, this subject isn't new but I didn't find a recent topic about it.
Why MX Simulator didn't have a shadow systems ? In the past, I think is about the power of computer but now, lot of player have a "good" pc and can run MX Simulator with 125FPS and more and the game is playable with only 60FPS.

Why you don't try to implement this systems now ? I ask it because I watched MX Bike edit and it's very beautiful with rider shadow.

Thanks for your answers !
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Re: Dynamic shadows

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

I'm still on a 2010 toshiba laptop with a broken screen and an hdmi cord to the tv to play
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Mr. Wiggles wrote:I'm still on a 2010 toshiba laptop with a broken screen and an hdmi cord to the tv to play
Then we'll just make it a settings toggle and you can have it off??
Hi
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Boblob801 wrote:
Mr. Wiggles wrote:I'm still on a 2010 toshiba laptop with a broken screen and an hdmi cord to the tv to play
Yes or go fund me a new pc 8)
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
MxWayGamer
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MTFactory

Post by MxWayGamer »

Boblob801 wrote:
I will say the same ^^ Players with little pc switch off shadow and other people can switch on. Or may be with intermediate level like "Only object shadown", "only rider shadow", etc...
Lyp3
Team: Sigma Motorsports

Post by Lyp3 »

I think it have something to do with the game engine. This engine is very poor and power eater, it’s a really old game engine that can’t cast live shadows I’m affraid…
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Lyp3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 pm I think it have something to do with the game engine. This engine is very poor and power eater, it’s a really old game engine that can’t cast live shadows I’m affraid…
Dang. The terrain engine was basically rewritten from the ground up in the past year and supports features that no other engine I'm aware of can do. What do I have to do to get some respect?

As far as shadows go, in the past I put it off because I knew people would just disable it to gain FPS. At this point the integrated GPU in my laptop never drops a frame. So yeah, shadows are definitely a higher priority now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:42 am As far as shadows go, in the past I put it off because I knew people would just disable it to gain FPS. At this point the integrated GPU in my laptop never drops a frame. So yeah, shadows are definitely a higher priority now.
I'm curious about what limitations this would have if you have any idea. Would you want the shadows to be just casted from the rider or would they be able to be casted from statues in the environment as well?